X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet I could miss 68 out of 69 attempts not even that far

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I bet I could fire 69 bullets out of dang near anything and get just as close.

You should go for 4.5 and set a new world record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was just trying to get my head around 4.4 miles in everyday shooting terms. I have a deer blind that sets up on the side of a hill with a pretty good view. In the dark I can see headlights on the highway a few miles away, and have looked at vehicles through my binoculars on that road in the daylight, and they are TINY! If they aren't white, it's not easy to tell the difference in cars and trucks. There is a barn across the highway that I can barely notice with the naked eye, I bet it's 80 or 100 feet long. I just used google to measure from my blind to that barn, and it's 2.36 miles. Consider that for a minute, then take a good long look at that rifle they used to do this....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          You should go for 4.5 and set a new world record.

Yeah even with a bad shoulder he could pull that off

Comment

This gives me hope I could take a deer in the next county over & fill another tag

Comment

69 shots? Sounds like someone finally got lucky.. LOL.. Meh..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 09-21-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

That is some serious slope on that scope mount to pull that off!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I was just trying to get my head around 4.4 miles in everyday shooting terms. I have a deer blind that sets up on the side of a hill with a pretty good view. In the dark I can see headlights on the highway a few miles away, and have looked at vehicles through my binoculars on that road in the daylight, and they are TINY! If they aren't white, it's not easy to tell the difference in cars and trucks. There is a barn across the highway that I can barely notice with the naked eye, I bet it's 80 or 100 feet long. I just used google to measure from my blind to that barn, and it's 2.36 miles. Consider that for a minute, then take a good long look at that rifle they used to do this....
                  Im wondering how you see any target at 4.4 miles away. Would they have to elevated well above the target or just use GPS coordinates for a direction and turn one loose ?

Comment

I'm not impressed. But I'm sure they are pretty satisfied in it. And that's all that really matters.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Im wondering how you see any target at 4.4 miles away. Would they have to elevated well above the target or just use GPS coordinates for a direction and turn one loose ?
                      I'm not certain, but I am certain that no one here claiming that it was luck, could hit a house at that range.

Whoever thinks that was all luck, give me your theory on figuring elevation, spin drift, and the coriolis effect....I'll wait.

Comment

It's a lot more impressive achievement than people are giving it credit for, but at the same time with the amount of attempts it took it's hard to look at it is something other than dumb luck for them finally to put one on target. They certainly know a lot and did a lot of math and science to get there, but 70 attempts is many, many attempts. Unless they've now dialed it in and can repeat it, which does not seem to be the case, this still feels more like luck than anything else.
                        Last edited by bullets13; 09-21-2022, 01:29 PM.

Comment

1092 MOA up. Flight path of bullet was 2500 feet above the target.

Ridiculous.

Comment

I'm not certain, but I am certain that no one here claiming that it was luck, could hit a house at that range.

Whoever thinks that was all luck, give me your theory on figuring elevation, spin drift, and the coriolis effect....I'll wait.
                            I cant hit anything at 400 yards. Would be interested in the dynamics involved in this shot

Comment

I knew an older feller who was working with another older feller, both reloaders attempting to break a long distance shooting record. My aqcquaintance helped out his friend by hiding behind the engine block of a truck parked down range to watch the target. At some point, hearing the bullets as they went overhead, he was hearing whirring. Which to him meant the bullets were tumbling and they had to go back to the reloading bench and change the cartridge concoction.

Comment

Yea this is ridiculous to say its luck. It would take skill and knowledge to even get the bullet within a view of a target 4.4 miles away. I just measured the distance across our deer lease at its farthest point. Its a 2700 acre pasture, and the farthest straight line from fence to fence is less than 2.5 miles... 4.4 miles is insane, I don't care how many attempts it took.

EDIT: It also probably takes half of us on the GS a half a box of bullets to sight in a new rifle at 100 yards, so cut the guys some slack! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X