No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boat is not “skinny” so bull tide hurts me. I’m gonna run this evening and walk in. Ready for it to start dumping out of the back bays

Comment

Glen, the marsh I was in yesterday was like a bait shop live well. Shrimp were everywhere. I've never seen the amount of shrimp I've seen this year in the back lakes. I'm guessing that's what's giving the reds lock jaw. I can find em but I can't make em eat.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        My boat is not “skinny” so bull tide hurts me. I’m gonna run this evening and walk in. Ready for it to start dumping out of the back bays
        Hmmm... seems a bull tide would help

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Glen, the marsh I was in yesterday was like a bait shop live well. Shrimp were everywhere. I've never seen the amount of shrimp I've seen this year in the back lakes. I'm guessing that's what's giving the reds lock jaw. I can find em but I can't make em eat.
          You sure right. I'm fishing a tournament in POC this weekend, maybe the reds over there are hungry

Comment

Mexico it helps me some but they get so far back it’s better to park outside shoreline and walk in to back lakes. My big sled will still get stuck trying to get back there. I’ve adapted and just found places I can park and walk a short distance over land

Only thing a bull tide does for me is like 4x4 trucks. Just get stuck further back

Comment

Got home yesterday from 5 days in Jamaica beach. Managed a couple slot reds and a few specs. Nothing wanted to eat. You could see fish in the lights at night but 90% of the time they wouldn't take and bait, live or artificial. Not sure what we were doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Mexico it helps me some but they get so far back it’s better to park outside shoreline and walk in to back lakes. My big sled will still get stuck trying to get back there. I’ve adapted and just found places I can park and walk a short distance over land

Only thing a bull tide does for me is like 4x4 trucks. Just get stuck further back
                Man you're missing out. You haven't lived until you've been stuck in a back lake. It's a really good way to meet your local airboat captains.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Man you're missing out. You haven't lived until you've been stuck in a back lake. It's a really good way to meet your local airboat captains.
                  [emoji1787][emoji28][emoji28]

Or have some fools in a RFL look at you sideways wondering how ya got there in a V bottom

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I stuck my jon boat in Cedar Lake a few weeks ago. I really thought I'd be there the night. That motivated me to get out no matter what. Those mosquitos would have killed me lol. I saw a big school of reds and my brain turned off and I got on the throttle. That's part of game.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      I stuck my jon boat in Cedar Lake a few weeks ago. I really thought I'd be there the night. That motivated me to get out no matter what. Those mosquitos would have killed me lol. I saw a big school of reds and my brain turned off and I got on the throttle. That's part of game.
                      Cedar Lakes is quicksand with a little saltwater on top!

Comment

I’m not missing out. Just been there a few times and have gotten to the point I’m not sleeping there and not pushing for hours either. It is the negative about running a larger heavier sled

Comment

Fish were where I thought this morning. (Redfish). Jumped into a back lake and they were thick. Had a few schools of drum tailing but they would even eat a gulp. Grass was so think I couldn’t use much. Top water would have been great but it was fowled as soon as it hit water- I ended up throwing a Marker 54 and working it fast almost too water. Caught 6 reds and came home to eat breakfast.

Anyone fishing find a way into back lakes right now. Take kayak- walk across land- somehow get back and the redfish are pushed way back and starting to stuff themselves. All these fish were footballs and I’m not sure where they were gonna stuff anymore

Comment

Stuck a big girl this morning...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                              Congrats My Friend!
                              Great fish!

Comment