No announcement yet.

Side by Side Tire Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanati Mongrels on my Mule Pro FXT. Also ran them on my Ranger EV I had before I got this Mule. They are DOT rated and a 10-ply. You're pretty close to me if you ever want to swing by and take a look. There is almost nothing I won't drive them through. My Mule came with Sedona Mud Rebels (the Kanati's were not an option at the dealer I bought the machine from). They looked cool, but didn't hold up like I thought they should. And they were just an 8-ply. Whatever you get, make sure it's at least a 10-ply.

Comment

I have use Kanati Mongrals on 2 buggies but have Moto Hammers on 2 Muke Pros in STX also. I like the 27x11 tire size for a Mule.

The down side is alot of the radial tires will require new 14" wheels.

The was a brand I found that had them in 12" wheels bit I can remember the name.

These are 8 ply radials that have 12" wheel sizes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any tire that’s 10ply with decent traction

Comment

Tusk Terrabite Aramid 10 ply from Rocky Mtn ATV and MC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I run my FXT through a lot of South TX Brush and knock on wood, very few issues.

I put a small lift on mine and changed to 14" wheels. Yokohama Mud Terrain Light Truck Tires. They are holding up extremely well after 3 years.

You will never convince me that the "ply's" in an ATV tire are of equal quality to a light truck tire that is rated for highway use. 10 layers of cheap rubber isn't better than 6 layers of quality rubber.

Comment

Kanati for sure. Pick a direction and run over everything. DOT rated. Best there is. Anything that makes it back from multiple trips to west Texas is good in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                I run my FXT through a lot of South TX Brush and knock on wood, very few issues.

I put a small lift on mine and changed to 14" wheels. Yokohama Mud Terrain Light Truck Tires. They are holding up extremely well after 3 years.

You will never convince me that the "ply's" in an ATV tire are of equal quality to a light truck tire that is rated for highway use. 10 layers of cheap rubber isn't better than 6 layers of quality rubber.
                What size are you running?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I worry about the weight and wear and tear of the truck tires. The Mule is not exactly a power house. Even with the 27x11s if you get in sand it can suck you down quick. I admit I put the Mules through hell but I eat up belts also. Even with the clutch kits sand and being loaded down takes its toll.

Comment

I have ITP Blackwaters on my 2017 Mule Pro FXT. They are excellent tires

Comment

Find all of the quality test parts you need for your next SXS or UTV project. All of the parts on our site have been used, tested and installed on our machines to ensure that we're only bringing you the best. Choose from a wide selection of boost kits, turbos, rims, whips and more!

here is a pretty good compilation on UTV tire weights. I was concerned as well when I was picking mine out 2 years ago. Mine gets a workout just about every day around the ranch. I installed a clutch kit, and keep it in low range when driving slow, loaded, or going up an incline. So far I have had no issues with my belt.

Comment

Thanks again for all the great suggestions....definitely got a nice short list of tires to look at after deer season!

Comment

I did the same on my Ranger. I had a set of Kuhmos, no slime, and two years of driving through everything in south Texas and never had a flat.

Comment

Look at the Roctane XDK. They make the regular XD but no kevlar. They are great in the conditions you are in. They will even run flat for a little bit. STI makes them and they aren't super heavy. I have 1200 miles on mine and still in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              What size are you running?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              I lied - not running 14s. 215/75/R15 Yokohama Geolandar MT.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                                I worry about the weight and wear and tear of the truck tires. The Mule is not exactly a power house. Even with the 27x11s if you get in sand it can suck you down quick. I admit I put the Mules through hell but I eat up belts also. Even with the clutch kits sand and being loaded down takes its toll.

The weight difference is negligible. Even if it is 10# more per tire, what is 40 lbs? I will admit though, I am not doing any heavy mudding - mostly gravel and dirt roads.

Comment

Working...
                                X