Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Good luck Chris!

Thank you! Lord knows momma and I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Finally getting to head south in the morning for a few days of salt therapy. Thursday we are fishing with Jay Watkins super excited for that trip. Hopefully the weather doesn’t act up to much. Good chance of T-storms all weekend.
      Good Luck to y'all on the trip!

Comment

Bucket list trip for me to fish with Jay.

Good luck BFT!

Comment

Well we just got home and cleaned up everything from our trip. Boy it was a beautiful week/weekend on the water, almost to nice. We did have to dodge storms all weekend but that wasn’t to bad, it did limit us to some areas we wanted to fish.

Wednesday we got to AP around lunch and we’re on the water by 1:00. We hit our favorite hole and found a few reds mostly shorts but we boxed one decent fish. Fished about 2-3 hours.

Thursday we fished with the Legendary Jay Watkins. Guys this man is a wealth of knowledge, a great fisherman, and all around nice person. I picked jays brain as much as I could and he explained when, where, and how. Although the weather wasn’t working with us; it was blowing 6-10 from the east in the morning then switched to SSE and died by 10:00 leaving the bay glassed out. Jay managed to keep us on fish from the first wade to the last. We caught and released probably 40-50 trout up to 22” lots of shorts but none the less. We also sight casted some big bull reds, at one point the three of us had a 12+ pound fish one at one time. If you are considering fishing with him definitely do it. He taught me a lot in just 8 hours.

Friday we put some of jays tactics to use and were able to catch some decent trout up to 22”. We ended up keeping 2 trout 2 reds and 1 flounder. We had to dodge a few big thunderstorms but got to fish under some beautiful conditions.

Saturday morning we hit one of favorite spots looking for some reds but they didn’t cooperate, they were there but wouldn’t eat. So we hit another shore line and got into some trout 90 percent were 14-15” but we stuck with them and I ended up sticking a very healthy 25” trout on a spook jr. Unfortunately I did not get a picture before we released her.

We spent the rest of the day trying new areas looking for trout and caught several shorts every where we tried. At one spot a school of reds pushed up a massive bait ball probably 30 feet long and 10’ wide, we did sight cast a few of them.

We fished the setting moon and at about 2:30 we went back to see if the reds we found that morning we active. I didn’t get more than 50’ from the boat when I caught my first one. Stood in that spot for 2 hours catching over 20 fish between 18 and 25”.

We had a great trip unfortunately this will probably be our last one for a good while. It felt good to get in the salt again and find fish. Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to Y'all Chris! Great trip!

Comment

Fish matagorda yesterday. Beautiful weather, but boats every where. I have never seen so many boats around catchall.

Managed 5 trout, with only 1 being a keeper. My buddy caught 2 small flounder.

It was still better than working.

Comment

Awesome trip BFT

Mayhem, ain’t that the truth!

Comment

Nice guys ^^^

Comment

That's a great rainbow pic. Nice weekend for y'all!

Comment

Took my kayak out last Wednesday When I got off work. Unloaded the yak and drifted across a body of water 5-700 yards across. Made 5 different drifts across the entire area. Got SKUNKED!!!

Fished a drain and figured with the outgoing tide I’d find something. Threw a Topwater over some shell and managed 1 absolutely brutal blow up, but didn’t connect.

Fished last Saturday in some new to new to me water further south. Was a bit bothered after launching because there were so many dang boaters and kayakers. Found a ditch that led to some small ponds with no one around. Wife and I managed to catch 20-30 or so rat reds.

We managed to make it out to the intracoastal and took that route on the way back to the truck. Fished a sand bank and drop off sporadically. Between the both of us, probably landed 15-20 trout. Most were 14-16” except for the 2- 23” one weighing 4.5lbs on the Boga, the other just over 4lbs. Also threw to some shad getting busted and landed about a 35” red.
                      Attached Files

Comment

^^ nice!

Comment

Took one of my guys out Saturday. It was his first time chasing reds in the back lakes. In all honesty it was a brutal grind, fish wouldn't cooperate which was confusing but it happens. He did still manage to catch 2 for the grill!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all are getting it done. Nice work.

Comment

Went gigging with my cousin this weekend. In typical fashion his fan motor quit right when we were on the fish and had to go back in, but not before he stuck one and fell out of the boat. It was hilarious. Cooked it up tonight and tweaked my recipe I use to accommodate my keto diet. Dang it was good.

Comment

Took the kayak out for a fast trip to a marsh close by. Got into some good flounder, the reds are still ignoring me. Kept a 17''er for dinner tonight.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X