No announcement yet.

Beware Of Prednisone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have told people for years prednisone has side effects often worse than the issue. Will never take it again.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
      The questions are:
      Knowing only what you knew back when you had covid, would you have NOT taken the prednisone if the doctor told you, "Cataracts are one of the potential side effects of steroids." Hard to know the answer to that question, isn't it? I mean, there were people dying from covid, right? What if the steroid was going to be the difference between surviving and not? Or between prolonged, severe illness with the possibility of permanent issues?
      At the time, steroids were part of the accepted treatment for covid.
      The answer to your question is, I do know more now than I did then and I would refuse it in a heart beat. That's why I'm trying to warn yall.

Also the scrip was for joint swelling that may or may not have been covid related. It was not life or death. Beware.

Comment

My 82yr dad is currently in icu in Victoria , he had to have emergency surgery yesterday to repair a perforated small intestine, he was prescribed meloxicam for spinal stenosis, a pain medication in the same family has aleve and ibuprofen that is what caused the perforation .

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Hope it goes well bud. I have cataracts also. My world gets darker every year...
          You need to get that taken care of, Johnny. When my dad had cataract surgery, it gave him a new lease on life.

Comment

I just got done with a week long round of prednisone, and it had my heart doing all kinds of weird things. I’ve been off of it for almost a week, and my heart is still acting strange, so I’ll be scheduling an appointment with my primary care physician for an ECG or an echo asap…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took it when I had covid for lung inflammation.. Never again...

Comment

I had cataract surgery in both eyes when I was 52. I have chronic allergies and was taking steroids for sinus infections for years. I was never told of the side effects

Comment

Covid causes everything...

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                    I had cataract surgery in both eyes when I was 52. I have chronic allergies and was taking steroids for sinus infections for years. I was never told of the side effects
                    Same for me.

Comment

praying for speedy recovery

Comment

Y'all have me scared of Prednisone now. Been on this mess for about 2 months now. I see some of the side effects coming through that have been mentioned, especially Gar Guy. I just threw the script in the trash.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your issues and prayers up for a full recovery after getting a tune up. Thanks for sharing this with us Mr GarGuy of these possible side effects that could occur.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                            Other things you need to watch out for are the high level antibiotics. I can't remember the name of what the doc gave me, but I found out the hard way that it causes muscle/tendon tears. Tore one in my calf about 2 weeks after taking the stuff. I don't go to that doc anymore.
                            Levoquin and Cipro are both known to cause tendo rupture, but even azithromycin can. This is immediately a concern of mine as my wife has been on high levels of azithromyacin and levoquin for 2 weeks now due to a subcutaneous infection and will stay on them for another 2 weeks until she is scheduled for surgery to de-breed the area. It’s especially concerning because she had a tendon transfer about 2 years ago where they took about 1/2 of her pectoral tendon and moved to another location in her body. So in 2 places she already has weakened tendons

Comment

Cataracts

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              You need to get that taken care of, Johnny. When my dad had cataract surgery, it gave him a new lease on life.
                              I will have the surgery within the next six months on both eyes. It’s pretty common these days once you hit 60. The good news is should be a good chance of getting 20/20 vision again if no other problems.

Good luck Johnny!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                                covid vax and treatment causes everything...
                                fify

Comment

Working...
                                X