Steven Rinella's (Meateater) Mk V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Rinella's (Meateater) Mk V

Guessing there are some fans of the show here and figured I'd share.

Recently picked up this LH Weatherby Mark V Meateater edition 300Wby on another site. The story is that it was one of Steven's personal firearms that was even used on a couple episodes of his Netflix show. Meateater donated the rifle to TRCP who gave it away in a sweepstakes fundraiser event and I ended up with it.

I called Weatherby and they confirmed the rifle was the first of this edition produced and was made specifically for Meateater, I also have emails from Meateater's Director verifying its authenticity as well as the load it liked, etc. After I received it back in March I sent the bottom metal off to Rinella who autographed and returned it.

Great story, congratulations on getting such a unique firearm. Question is will you hunt with it and risk having the signature rub off, or hang on to it as a collector's item?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
      Great story, congratulations on getting such a unique firearm. Question is will you hunt with it and risk having the signature rub off, or hang on to it as a collector's item?
      It's a left-handed rifle, and I'm RH. I have an FFL and buy/sell firearms, I bought this one because it was a neat gun at a reasonable price. Honestly not sure if I'll hang it up or let it go.

Comment

That’s pretty cool!

Comment

That’s cool, he uses a Savage on some of his hunts. I always wondered about the show and sponsors. It’s like he uses whatever he wants, he’s not shoving brands down our throats every minute. That’s one thing I like about the the show.

Comment

The client I work for sponsors him. They said he is a blast to work with and get to hang out with. Great score.

Comment

That is a beautiful rifle!

You lucky son of a gun!

Comment

Pretty sweet Keith

Comment

Well that’s awesome. Rinella is legit.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Cool story. If Steve was gracious enough to take the time to autograph it, you may regret letting it go for some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                        Cool story. If Steve was gracious enough to take the time to autograph it, you may regret letting it go for some cash.
                        Fair sentiment, I sent him and the director some goodies as a thanks and so I wouldn't feel too guilty if I ended up selling it.

Comment

That’s pretty cool!

Comment

I’m a huge fan of the show so if you end up selling it let me know lol. Very cool IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm a fan too. Was impressed with how he goes about hunting from the first time I saw his show.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the rifles he carries had a trajectory chart or some sort of chart plastered on the side of the butt stock, too bad it didn't come with that on it. Would be cool to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X