Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

The recommended age is now 45... Don't put it off because you are worried about the procedure or the pep. I got mine done at 51 after my colon perforation and it was a piece of cake. They have made big strides in the liquid you take to start the process and you are waking back up after its done before you know it. I put it off and put it off because I didn't want to deal with the prep. Plus the sleep during the procedure is the best nap you will have had in a long time..

Fortunately I was lucky in that I only had a few precancerous polyps. Several of my family and friends haven't been that lucky recently. Because of this I am asking you all to get it done! Early detection is the key and we aren't getting any younger.

Got to get it done. Dang it.

Comment

Yes sir. Easiest thing to do and one of the easiest cancers to detect/eliminate if caught early.

The stories of past years gone by and explosions to clear the area are no longer. On my last one, two separate drinks required a rather quick visit to the toilet, but done and gone.

Easy peasy. And I DO like the short acting anesthesia they use now days...very little post-op grogienss (sp).

Comment

Great advice. I had my first one done in my mid 30s because of stomach issues. They found some polyps, so it was good that I had it done at an early age. It really is no big deal to get it done.

Comment

I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            Yes sir. Easiest thing to do and one of the easiest cancers to detect/eliminate if caught early.

The stories of past years gone by and explosions to clear the area are no longer. On my last one, two separate drinks required a rather quick visit to the toilet, but done and gone.

Easy peasy. And I DO like the short acting anesthesia they use now days...very little post-op grogienss (sp).

Yes sir on all counts....Piece of cake on the prep and post procedure recovery.

Comment

I get it once a year. No biggie.

Comment

Have to get one every 3 years now because they find polyps on every exam. I'm 76.

Comment

I have my consult in a few weeks, wife had hers done about a month ago. Seemed like it wasn’t that big of a deal, and agree with all the above.

Comment

I’m actually having it done in 3 weeks. I’m 44 and having some stomach issues. I pray that it is not the C word.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
                      I have my consult in a few weeks, wife had hers done about a month ago. Seemed like it wasn’t that big of a deal, and agree with all the above.
                      Yeah but women are tougher than men. Only saying that because I've now been in the delivery room twice. Thank God it wasn't me pushing is all I can say LOL

Comment

I've done it once and due for another.......[emoji37]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Got to get it done. Dang it.

Getrdone hand...we need you around the CFB thread for a long time...

When you are done in that waiting room waiting to fart to get to go home, you will be shaking your head, asking yourself, what the hell was I waiting on?.... or scared of in my case....
                          Last edited by Smart; 09-20-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Waited until I was 60 to have mine done and should have done it sooner, there's nothing to it.

Comment

Got my first at 60, clean as a whistle. No polyps, nothing. Went this year for my visit and my doc said we are good to 70 because of my last exam and family history. Thankful.

Comment

Working...
                              X