Sending Gun to Ruger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending Gun to Ruger

Anyone sent a gun back to Ruger for work?

Ruger wants me to call them to discuss sending my 22mag in for a "look at" as I can't get any scopes to zero with the factory rings. (I know about burris posi align stuff but they look like junk on the rifle)

Just curious if it was an overall painless transaction

Thanks.

Yes. I completely FUBAR’d a SRH year’s ago and had to send it to Ruger. Outstanding customer service and handling of my gun. I was so impressed with the quality of service and response that I wrote them a thank you letter. Guess what? They wrote me a thank you letter for my thank you letter! Put some stickers and patches in with it as well.

I would have no concerns or worries about sending something back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Yes. I completely FUBAR’d a SRH year’s ago and had to send it to Ruger. Outstanding customer service and handling of my gun. I was so impressed with the quality of service and response that I wrote them a thank you letter. Guess what? They wrote me a thank you letter for my thank you letter! Put some stickers and patches in with it as well.

I would have no concerns or worries about sending something back to them.
      Real glad to hear that.

I've had guns mailed to me after purchase but haven't gone through shipping one myself or dealing with warranty work on any gun.

I have identical 77/22 and 77/22WMR stainless with zytels. Really want this to be fixed.

Comment

My brother sent one back for "rework" 3 years ago. It was a new rifle with a scope ring hole drilled and tapped wrong. And they repaired and returned it very promptly.

Comment

Sent a boat paddle 308 back to them, after a nasty fall in the mountains. Bolt wouldn't function right, stock all beat up. Sent it back, and it came back like brand new. I can't remember the time frame of the transaction, it was yrs ago.

Comment

Bought a Used Vaquero and the cylinder wasn't indexing properly. Called them and was sure to let them know it was used and to let me know the cost. 5 days after they received it I had it back. It was repaired at no charge. I think I currently own 9 rugers!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Anyone sent a gun back to Ruger for work?

Ruger wants me to call them to discuss sending my 22mag in for a "look at" as I can't get any scopes to zero with the factory rings. (I know about burris posi align stuff but they look like junk on the rifle)

Just curious if it was an overall painless transaction

Thanks.
              what model firearm … pistol, rifle, etc... ?

If it's a Ruger 10/22 Magnum, you may never see it again. That model was recalled and later discontinued due to extractor problems.

Comment

Ruger has great customer service. As a matter of fact, we few to Ruger and shot an episode for CARNIVORE on the customer service and how they were able to refurbish the ejector on a .220 Swift for my best buddy, Phil Lyne. Their organization and promptness of service is the best I have seen in a firearms company.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by cajun blake View Post
                  what model firearm … pistol, rifle, etc... ?

If it's a ruger 10/22 magnum, you may never see it again. That model was recalled and later discontinued due to extractor problems.
                  77/22wmr.

Comment

Sent my wifes LC9 in for repair. Great customer service and fast turn around.

Comment

Working...
                    X