Low light peep Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low light peep Sight

Does anybody have any first hand experience with a low light peep sight? I have missed twice this season in low light conditions due to being able to see my pin, but not my peep (not being able to make sure my sight housing is centered in my peep view.)

Having a yellow ring around your sight should help, once the ring disappears, it means you are aligned. No experience with said peeps though. A precision peeps peep may work for you. no need to align the rings...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use glo-peeps for nighttime hog killin and they glow just enough

Comment

I'm trying a kisser button this year to hopefully solve this issue for me

Comment

Low light peep = large apeture.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            ^^^^this^^^^

I run 1/4” peep with a 2” sight housing. Really lights things up.

Comment

I use a 5/16 inch peep and you may want to look up “ bonus ring” they seem to really help. They have different color rings that go around your sight housing, some glow in the dark colors also. They are like 10.00.
              Last edited by critter69; 11-24-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

thanks for the replies - I will look into the reccomendations

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  I'm trying a kisser button this year to hopefully solve this issue for me
                  This is one reason I have always used a kisser button. I do not like worrying about aligning my peep with my sight housing.

Comment

I really like this post.

Comment

I shoot a 1/4" aperture, my fluorescent sight ring fits inside the aperture when I aim. It lines up very well and is visible in low light, when I can no longer see my pin, I quit hunting.

Comment

large ap..
                        but honestly a solid anchor point should get u in nearly the same spot.. I know several ppl that shoot great with no peep.
                        Maybe put a kisser on and take off the peep

Comment

I've been using these for ~10-15 years, ever since a low light missed opportunity cost me a sweet wall-hanger.

Find high quality archery, bowfishing, and crossbow equipment at Jeff’s Specialty Sports. Great deals, excellent customer service and free shipping options

It's similar to using a kisser button- you come to full draw the same way every time- at full draw you can look up to verify the two circles are centered and then fire.

It basically trains you to use the same knocking point every time.

It will also show the flaws in your draw you can correct with your wrist while at full draw- taking a quick glance at the no-peep has saved me from making bad shots when shooting from a high tree stand (not holding square) and while twisted in a chair from a groundblind (torquing the grip) .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Here ya go ^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X