No announcement yet.

DIY Arrow Building or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My office is in round rock. I have everything any pro shop has. Anything you need to use you are more than welcome to it.

Comment

Arizona EZ fletch is absolutely fool proof. If you can afford it, get a blitz and forget about it. Best jig on the market. Hands down.

Comment

I build my own as well. Been playing around with some heavier arrows. Be sure to use a good arrow squaring tool even on the nock end of the arrow. Really helped my broad head flight when I started squaring both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          Roll your own, it’s the best way to learn about the complete system. You will become a better archer and increase your depth of knowledge along the way. Let’s face it, most shops sell you shafts out of a 144 arrow box display running a slight offset at best. Get you a good jig running an aggressive helical and watch your groups shrink and and your broadhead groups tighten way up. Start playing with front loading, different fletching and stuff if you feel up to it, nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck if you chose to do so!

Ditto. What muddyfuzzy said...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
            Solid advice. I'm needing to switch to 300 from 340 due to increasing poundage on my bow and i figured i might play around with this next set of arrows to try 4-fletch vs 3-fletch.
            I run the 4 fletch AAE max vanes. Spins any broadhead with great accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
              Arizona EZ fletch is absolutely fool proof. If you can afford it, get a blitz and forget about it. Best jig on the market. Hands down.
              Too many times have i bought my way in on entry level stuff only to turn around and buy what i should have bought the first time.

Buy nice or buy twice!

Comment

Buy blank shafts and build from the ground up here.

Comment

Do the Easton FMJ’s cut the same as the Easton Axis Carbon arrows with the aluminum jackets?

I currently run the Axis but want to try the FMJ’s in a 300 spine.

Comment

Do the Easton FMJ’s cut the same as the Easton Axis Carbon arrows with the aluminum jackets?

I currently run the Axis but want to try the FMJ’s in a 300 spine.

Yes, they are cut on the same type of saw. Higher the rpms the better.

Comment

I use the same approach as I do with a rifle. I will build a few arrows varying in weight, fletching twist and length, foc... etc. I also enjoy it...

Comment

I made the “mistake” of using a small pipe cutter on some I currently used. They came out okay but I wouldn’t recommend it!

Comment

YOU DO NOT NEED A SAW! Unless you want to do extreme tuning. Yes, little changes in arrow length can change arrow tune.

I fletch all my own arrows, even when I buy prefletched, I cut them off to nock tune each individual shaft!
                          So, save $300 and get them cut to length at the shop or online vendor, then use the Lumenok arrow squaring tool to squre both ends.

Then Insert tune: http://youtu.be/hAULB9uYRUE
                          Then nock tune:http://youtu.be/88BcMt7PvwY

Way more important to spend money and time on good inserts and tuning.

Comment

Thinking of purchasing a Bitzenburger jig...how did you guys decide between the right or left helical jig and clamp? I am a lefty and not sure if that plays into the decision.

For whatever reason, my simple minded instinct tells me that i want the arrow to rotate clockwise as it leaves my bow. Not sure why, but that feels right to me.

Comment

Thinking of purchasing a Bitzenburger jig...how did you guys decide between the right or left helical jig and clamp? I am a lefty and not sure if that plays into the decision.

For whatever reason, my simple minded instinct tells me that i want the arrow to rotate clockwise as it leaves my bow. Not sure why, but that feels right to me.
                              I really don't think it makes any difference. When I was shooting a compound with Blazers I used a straight clamp with offset. When I switched to trad and was buying my first bag of feathers I asked the guy at Three Rivers Archery. He said it was personal preference but they sold more left than right. I bought a left helical clamp and left wing feathers.

Comment

Most bows will shoot a bareshaft with a counter-clockwise rotation, but not all. You really need to clock the arrow and see which way it wants to rotate and then fletch that direction.

Also, a left helical will give more clearance to the cables if needed.

Having said that, most people will never notice a difference either way (except for the clearance if needed); but since you asked...

Comment

Working...
                                X