Ruger Go Wild Camo...Anyone have One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Go Wild Camo...Anyone have One?

7mm-08, Cerakote Burnt Bronze...anyone have one? Yep, synthetic camo stock....our Wood rifles just sit, too OCD to take in the field.

If so..your impression, thoughts? I looked and held one today and really liked it, different and seeking one more acquisition to the "3 son's inheritance someday."

If you are a Ruger American hater, please don't respond or bash 'cause the Son's and I like 'em! We have several Rugers and some of those are the American's and they all shoot very accurately. And NO, not looking for those "infamous" 500-1000 yard shots...don't fit what we need so that's another disclaimer to weed out the experts. We are Hunter's, not long distance target competitors...except for the youngest, but he's a Military Sniper qualified combat instructor/DI...Jake don't have a opinion in this thread, lol!

Won't say what store it was, know them well and they only had one as they move quick....! Quoted price of $485 + Tax.

So again, just inquiring on THIS model only? Thanks and Merry Christmas All!

Looks pretty cool. 450 bushmaster would be a hog killer for sure

Comment

Given how well they usually shoot, looks like a lot of gun for the money.

Comment

I can't help with the scope but have you seen this, different color, at grab a gun?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the looks of it.

Comment

I love my APR .280 Rem, but if I were in the market for a production rifle, that would definitely catch my eye. Everything I've heard says they are shooters, and you can't beat the price. I'm not a "many rifles" guy, more of a "too many handguns" guy.

Comment

I could see me owning one of those in 7mm-08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                I could see me owning one of those in 7mm-08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yep me to but problem is I’m going to want the scope color to match the barrel and that might be a problem.
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-12-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Great value with nice make-up.

Comment

I won one in 6.5 cm. Never shot it but it was a great looking a feeling gun. My buddy won the same one in 6.5 also and shoots the crap out it. Has his pulsar thermal scope on it and they slaughter pigs weeekly with it. He says it shouts as good as his Ruger predator 6.5cm. You won’t be disappointed in it.

Only reason I got rid of mine was I didn’t want another synthetic stock rifle and wanted a longer barreled 6.5cm

Comment

We have one in .270 and love it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking rifle. Ruger has really upped the game. The Americans are really selling well. The adjustable trigger is a good thing.
                        Thought it would be hard to find scope and rings in that color.
                        But I am wrong. Good selection out there.

Found rings.
                        Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Talley HC740735 30 mm Medium Browning X-Bolt Scope Mounts - Hells Canyon at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Found a Burnt Bronze scope also
                        Ok, we're kinda proud of ourselves on these. We've developed a process to Cerakote scopes with the heat-cured H Series formula, even high end ones like the  Leupold VX-6HD with Firedot in the back...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                          I can't help with the scope but have you seen this, different color, at grab a gun?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          No, have not seen this one but I like it as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Nice looking rifle. Ruger has really upped the game. The Americans are really selling well. The adjustable trigger is a good thing.
                            Thought it would be hard to find scope and rings in that color.
                            But I am wrong. Good selection out there.

Found rings.
                            Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Talley HC740735 30 mm Medium Browning X-Bolt Scope Mounts - Hells Canyon at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Found a Burnt Bronze scope also
                            https://www.gibbsguns.com/brag--swag...ronze-cerakote
                            I have visited Gibbs website and plan on giving them a call. Not sure what brand scope we want but assume they can coat any brand? At one point they state they don't keep scopes in stock then they have a statement they have a "couple?" My only concern is that without the actual rifle, unless they have specific "specs" from Ruger that it would not match as desired? I'll update after I talk to them for anyone else curious.

Comment

I'd be all over that if it was in 6.5 PRC. Darn the luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X