Aborted road rage incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Did that guy act like that with your disabled tags visible?? If so...wow.

If you hang it up & not on your plates whenever you park, then him seeing you pull into disabled parking likely de-escalated it some...if he was half a decent person anyway.

You think disabled people should be treated differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see that I have to change my plans because someone else has a problem. When we turned into the parking lot I could tell he got real concerned, as he kept his eye on the rear view. Also him having to make 2 attempts to get in a parking space told me he was very nervous, so ignoring him was the correct thing to do. I could be totally wrong, he may have intended to go in that lot to park and make a very important phone call. I couldn't tell as I didn't look directly at him, but would have seen if he exited his car, and we had cover as we walked if front of the cars on our side of the parking lot.

I have decided to make it a point to monitor my driving to make sure I am still driving safely as it seems like I am in other peoples way a lot. I don't believe I have gotten into the old fart mode just yet. I know people in the metroplex here drive like maniacs to and from work, but I don't care if you are late, you should have started earlier and accounted for traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
        Perfectly legal as well.
        Legal but not the smartest play. It could be seen as looking for a conflict.
        That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

I don't know about Artos, but I feel like you are in some deep crap if you have a physical altercation with someone who is disabled.

That being said, my disability isn't readily visible, but most boys 8th grade and up could probably take me at this point. Multiple back surgeries and cancer have taken their toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Sometimes (almost always) the best thing to do is to just keep on movin' on...
            I disagree based on experience. Some enjoy the thrill of bulling, when you keep movin on they follow except with more confidence.

Sometimes nipping it in the bud is the best thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Legal but not the smartest play. It could be seen as looking for a conflict.
              That's just my opinion.
              He was not looking at the guy tapping his finger on the pistol smiling at him. He just went on about his business not even making eye contact.

So anyone open carry is now looking for a conflict?

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                I don't know about Artos, but I feel like you are in some deep crap if you have a physical altercation with someone who is disabled.

That being said, my disability isn't readily visible, but most boys 8th grade and up could probably take me at this point. Multiple back surgeries and cancer have taken their toll.

I’m not talking about physically assaulting someone.

If you are acting like a jackwagon, then you should be treated like a jackwagon. Not like a disabled jackwagon.

Not describing you in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Due to someone getting road rage...absolutely!! Yeah, I get irked if someone drives like crap, but 99% of those that have done it to me with handicap stickers are the elderly & Not a 6' 200lb gun packing male.

If I see a handicap sticker pull out it front, bad lane change or whatever, I'm not gonna get all bent outta shape cuz I'll be there someday too. Geez, let's brake check the handicap to keep things equal.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                    So I pull my shirt out from my concealed pistol, making it plainly visible, and we get out of the car and walk over to the entrance
                    Sounds like brandishing aka "disorderly conduct" in Texas.
                    Last edited by yotethumper; 10-16-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      Sounds like brandishing
                      You got to watch that rowdy Ham radio crowd.
                      Last edited by Hoggslayer; 10-16-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Aborted road rage incident

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Due to someone getting road rage...absolutely!! Yeah, I get irked if someone drives like crap, but 99% of those that have done it to me with handicap stickers are the elderly & Not a 6' 200lb gun packing male.

If I see a handicap sticker pull out it front, bad lane change or whatever, I'm not gonna get all bent outta shape cuz I'll be there someday too. Geez, let's brake check the handicap to keep things equal.

The handicap placard is for parking privileges, not driving. I’m sorry, but people shouldn’t get to hide their poor driving skills behind a handicap placard and everyone else just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          I disagree based on experience. Some enjoy the thrill of bulling, when you keep movin on they follow except with more confidence.

Sometimes nipping it in the bud is the best thing to do.
                          All action has consequences, if the potential consequences of maybe teaching some idiot a lesson outweigh the potential of having your life ruined or worse than that's on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            He was not looking at the guy tapping his finger on the pistol smiling at him. He just went on about his business not even making eye contact.

So anyone open carry is now looking for a conflict?
                            No, but base on his comment as to why he "pulled his shirt out to make his gun clearly visible" we now know his intent was to intimidate. Intimidation isn't avoiding a conflict. Like I said, not smart.

Comment

I can't stand a bully. When I was growing up, one of the things I regret most was the few times I have bullied someone. If there was any way I could atone for that I would (grade school was a long time ago). I found out early on if you will fight, most bullies will leave you alone. You don't have to win to be left alone. There a lot of worse things than losing a fight.

Comment

I get where you're coming from OP but honestly just keep driving. You never know when somebody is drugged out or just mentally wired differently. A sammy aint worth killing somebody or getting yourself killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X