Anyone headed to Colorado next week? [emoji3063][emoji3063]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone headed to Colorado next week? [emoji3063][emoji3063]

Looks like it’s gonna be a cold few days in the elk woods! Should have them up and moving and talking. At least you’d think that anyways!

This is where we hunt. Heck of a way to break in your wife on her first elk hunt and first time camping for extended days in a tent. Gonna be chilly in that sleeping bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I leave Thurs.
    Shows Low 80s for the high, and 50s for the low all week.
    That's at 11k.
    I was hoping for a little cooler weather, but not as cool as you will be those first couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I leave Thurs.
      Shows Low 80s for the high, and 50s for the low all week.
      That's at 11k.
      I was hoping for a little cooler weather, but not as cool as you will be those first couple days.

Our place is at 8500’ and near Trinidad. A should be in the low 70’s after the front passes.

Comment

If you're headed to north end it will be very cold with snow. We have forecast lows in town here of single digits on Tuesday into Wed. with highs into low 30's.
        Be prepared, it could be heavy wet snow and bitter cold.

You all should check out Dayweather out of Cheyenne. Don Day is a bow hunter and very well know meteorologist. He gives weather forecasts for hunters.

Comment

I'll be bout 100 miles north of you in Victor. Weatherman claims snow Tuesday and Wednesday we will see

Comment

Any of you experienced elk hunters have an idea of what this weather will do to the elk as far as rut and movement?

Comment

Working...
            X