Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread needs a shot in the arm,,,ttt

Comment

there was a very similar thread a few months back. unfortunately it died out pretty quick.

Comment

ttt

so where is everyone located?

Comment

I'm in Houston. Sometime later this month I'll put up pix of my next two builds

Comment

Burleson, near Fort Worth.

Comment

I'm just a little east of Dallas. Besides fishing Colorado and Wyoming in the summer, we like to fish the rivers in southeastern Oklahoma for smallmouth, largemouth and goggle eyes with the fly rod out of canoes. We've had some epic fishing trips.

Terrychester (or anyone) you're welcome to come with us. We usually go in late April and again in mid May.

Comment

I fly fish from time to time. Mostly Arkansas and the Rockies. I do not do much close to home

Comment

Just bought a TFO PHW and an OKUMA Arbor reel, looking for flyline right now. What do yall use for backing. I was thinking about using some type of Braid. What say yall?

Comment

Lots of great "hero" pics here. Could make a weak man jealous. LOL!

Here are my "trophy" pics from Monday. Weather was beautiful and I bought my youngest daughter her first pair of waders and spent the day teaching her to fly fish.

She loved it, and I can't remember being more proud. One of my best days fishing, ever.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dacron braid is best with a weight forward line, I recommend a Rio red fish

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                        Dacron braid is best with a weight forward line, I recommend a Rio red fish
                        Thanx.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24359557

Name:	DSC00118.000.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	24359558

Name:	DSC00119.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24359559Got my TFO PHW 8wt 9footer today. Looking for flyline now. Getting good recommendations on here. Getting close to using it.

Comment

Missed this one; glad it was bumped.

I started fly fishing this past year. Here's a thread on the ongoing adventure of what I called "trad fishing."

Comment

Using a Fly rod takes practice. Lots of combo`s. Line, rod weights, tippets, terminal tackle. Different ball game from spinning, bait casting. Once you`ve conquered the "art" of properly getting all phases to work together, It is very rewarding.

Lots of fun going after Little guys (Blue Gill and the like. )

Comment

for you snook lovers....42# from the St Lucie River Fl on an eight weight...thats me with the snook/Florida Sportsman Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X