Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat all day again, this time with no major interruptions... Seen deer all day until about noon then nothing, not even on the 2 mile hike out. Not sure what happened. Time to punch some doe tags hopefully. Still need some more meat in the freezer.

Comment

Anyone find a release in the grass outside H1 in the camp area? Checked my gear over three times since I’ve been home and nothing. Calling it an early season unless someone has some good news for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
        Anyone find a release in the grass outside H1 in the camp area? Checked my gear over three times since I’ve been home and nothing. Calling it an early season unless someone has some good news for me...
        I can look next weekend I'll be down .. not hunting h1 but can eat lunch there and look around..

if u want a used one I probably have 1 or 3 used ones. I'll sell ya one for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
          If you think there’s a chance it’s still there, PM me. I will be driving past that area tomorrow.

Comment

Boat launch info

Anyone know if kimball or plowmans boat tamp is open ? Any ideas if the water is still stained or is it getting back to normal ?

Comment

Granbury is still releasing over 2600cfs. (PK over 2000cfs). So I don't know about stained. Both those ramps were closed last weekend. But they might be open now since the W lake is only 1.15 feet above normal. The water was over the road going under the bridge to the ramp at Kimball last weekend. Might be clear now. Plowman ramp should be open. Park was open last weekend but ramp closed.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Thanks TG

Comment

Got another one out last night. After a lot of very frustrating sits (and a frustrating year) it was nice to get a shot off. Broadhead did it’s work an pretty much removed the heart. One blade sliced the top of the heart and the other three destroyed all the veins and arteries. Went 35 yards and fell right there, got to love the easy track job. The haul out was not so easy though.

Good luck to those of you still working to put away some meat. I plan to be back at it this afternoon.

Comment

Anyone hunting n this wind besides me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not me. Work today. And to much to do with my one day off this weekend. Hoping for good weather next weekend.

Good luck to ya coojay.

Comment

Thanks TG

Comment

No hunting for me today, wind was howling to the point I wouldn’t be confident in my shot placement. I will be out all day tomorrow to see if I can tag one more to end the season. Hate to see the season end, but my body could sure use a break. Good luck to everyone that is getting out tomorrow!

Comment

I shoot standing on one leg with my longbow, advantage of practicing yoga

Comment

In a tree for one last chance. Still have plenty of meat from last season but need one this year. Hope they move!

Comment

Good luck SB. Sent ya a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X