Camo and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo and others

First year back hunting since I was a kid. I was and still am almost exclusively a bow hunter. The camo I bought this year was just cheap stuff from Walmart. It’s of course already falling apart. With the season ending I know a lot of stuff is going on sale/clearance. In y’all opinion what is the best camo for the money? Not necessarily price wise of course but the best bang for your buck. In addition to that all I have now is a bow and a tree stand. I plan on trying to capatilize on as many sales as I can for next season. What all should I look for? Calls, rattles etc?

Also if anyone has a place or website with good sales I’d appreciate the info!

I'd watch for camo for sale on here, I've bought some good pieces at affordable prices on used camo in the past. Goodwills can also have great clothing at super cheap prices, not necessarily camo but good brands like Patagonia, North Face, if you check often.

Two great gear products might be a thermacell and rangefinder.

Comment

Look at Academy for clearance camo toward the end of this month. Each are different, talked to a manager recently that said he's knocking an additional 50% off all clearance camo on the 17th. Also like the guy above said don't overlook noncamo, if you're layering then all you need is camo on the external layer. I'm always amazed at what a simple good fitting fleece sweater will do under a light windproof jacket
      Last edited by justletmein; 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

A trick I learned for face camo, I do not like masks or things on my face.

I torch a wine cork with a cigarette lighter and let it cool for a second and two passes you can camo your face and it comes off with a dry napkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nomad camo gets my vote. Gander outdoors had quite a bit on sale recently. If I didn’t have Sitka I’d have a box full of nomad in the veil camo. Buy yourself a black rack (rattling horns and grunt call combo)and extinguisher, they work well. Thermacell is also a must!

Comment

Look on wing supply website

Comment

Camo and others

Check out Browning, Carhartt and nat-gear for stuff that isn’t to expensive. If you can spend more check out First Lite and Kuiu.

Last edited by TA_Fab; 01-12-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Depends on what you're doing. Stand hunting doesn't require much.

I've decided to sell all my Real Tree Extra. All in large size. Let me know if you want more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  A trick I learned for face camo, I do not like masks or things on my face.

I torch a wine cork with a cigarette lighter and let it cool for a second and two passes you can camo your face and it comes off with a dry napkin.

I am not bashing you, but burnt cork creates carbon black, which is a known carcinogen.

Comment

CamoFire.com has the Predator Camo Stealth Fleece pants and jacket for $50/each right now. The same items typically come up a few times over a week if they currently don't have your size available.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      I am not bashing you, but burnt cork creates carbon black, which is a known carcinogen.
                      I’ll take the risk of face cancer....

Comment

I have bought numerous Browning, Under Armour and other brands at 50 - 60 % off and some higbert.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                          I’ll take the risk of face cancer....
                          You shouldn't. As someone who has recently been upgraded to stage for because I have melanoma in the bone of my left shoulder that started as "just skin cancer" maybe I am overly sensitive.

Sorry for getting off topic. I am a big fan of Sitka and First Lite gear when I can hunt. Yes they are expensive, but I am still a fan. I know cheaper camo works, so I am not saying you have to buy Sitka or First Lite. I am just sharing what I like.

Comment

academy has Nomad for 50% off right now.

Comment

In my experience, for cheap and durable camo gear it's hard to beat military surplus. Someone at work gifted me a brand new set of Gore Tex rain gear that is absolutely excellent. Funny, when I was in the Army we all wanted civilian gear, and the civilians all wanted military gear - grass is greener? Sportsman's Guide is a good source, and they frequently have military surplus gear at great prices:

Sportsman's Guide carries top-quality discount Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo, Fishing Supplies and more - all at great low prices!

You might also consider placing ads in the Classified section for gear that you want. Quite a bit of hunting clothes for my son was gifted to us by TBH members who wouldn't take a penny - not even for shipping. They were just happy someone could use the gear.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X