Best Factory Hunting Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Factory Hunting Rifle

Well, deer season is about wrapped up. What (in your esteemed opinion) is the best factory hunting rifle?

I’ll admit, my hunting guns are pretty much stock. My favorite ones that I have/had are:

TC venture 30-06. This one is very new but has great accuracy potential; a rigid free floated stock; and a somewhat user adjustable trigger.

700 ADL .223 Walmart special. A little sandpaper to the barrel channel, poor boy bedding job, and my handloads delivered 3/4” groups at the most. The trigger is kind of heavy for my liking.

So, what’s the “best” factory hunting rifle?

"Best" is subjective. My humble opinion is Sako but that's just my opinion based on having and using one for 25 years.

Comment

Ruger American Predator.....308

Comment

I have a savage 25-06 that is a tack driver

Comment

Hard to beat a Tikka

Comment

I have a ADL for a truck gun, will the stock with epoxy, toss some pillars in it and it will shoot under an inch.

Comment

I like Weatherby.

Comment

I like the older Ruger 77's. I have a TC Encore Pro Hunter that I'm starting to use quite a bit these days too.

Comment

Best is very subjective. But if we are talking about straight out of the box no modifications, best value, most accurate, and dependable I would say it would be hard to beat a savage.

Comment

Lots out there..That are good/great.and a few not so good..Its kind of like picking a Wife..its a personal thing..or a new Truck...
                    some good ones named..Savage is a reasonable priced great one..
                    I like T/C and Ruger single shots.all my bows and crossbows are ..but thats just me I grew up with single shots and I will grow older with them (I hope)..
                    If I cant hit what Aim and kill in one shot He deserves to live and I need to PRACTICE..

If it looks and feels great and will shoot accurately and consistently 1 to 2 " group at 100y and is a reasonable Caliber for game you shoot. you will be Happy..
                    Enjoy your Quest

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                      Hard to beat a Tikka
                      My experience also, sold a .270 T3 on here cause i needed cash 😞

Comment

After about 5 years of sneaking my wife's Sako 6.5X55 out of the house I bought a Bavarian. Will be my last deer rifle...........

Comment

Killed both deer and a coyote with a $200 T/C compass. Imo the “best” is what you shoot well and know how it will perform.

This rifle shoots dang good is light and handle well.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                            I like Weatherby.
                            I do too. I have both Vanguard and a Mark V. I love my Mark V but those Vanguard rifles are a pretty good value. Especially now since the Magnum calibers come with a 26” barrel. Makes my .257 with a 24” barrel kinda a .257 carbine.

Comment

Another Tikka fan. I have an older T3 .243 and a newer T3x in .308 both are great shooters. I recently bought a Ruger American in 6.5 creedmoore it’s a good shooter as well but not near the quality as my Tikka’s.

Comment

Working...
                              X