Furthest confirmed kill !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
    Correct, because a pellet gun cannot produce the velocity to make a bullet perform as designed, has nothing to do with energy.
    So a bullet the weighs 50 grains moving at 3000 fps will have the same power of a 225 gr bullet moving at 3000 fps?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      So a bullet the weighs 50 grains moving at 3000 fps will have the same power of a 225 gr bullet moving at 3000 fps?
      Nope, I was just asking how these numbers were derived, the calculator you linked should answer your question though.

Comment

Nope, I was just asking how these numbers were derived, the calculator you linked should answer your question though.
        But the link I provided has energy in the equation which is a "thrown" around term, really has no meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          But the link I provided has energy in the equation which is a "thrown" around term, really has no meaning.
          I am saying that this arbitrary number that is made up of a certain amount of energy required to kill an animal is "thrown around", but not scientifically based. Bullets are designed to perform at certain velocities not energies.

Comment

I am saying that this arbitrary number that is made up of a certain amount of energy required to kill an animal is "thrown around", but not scientifically based. Bullets are designed to perform at certain velocities not energies.
            Probably get you a reloading manual and read about terminal ballistics. The energy I am talking about is what the bullet puts into the animal when it hits it. Some bullets are designed to release all of its energy inside the animal, creating a big wound channel and fragmenting inside the animal, other bullets are designed to penetrate deep and bust up shoulders and bones. Different animals require different bullets.

I am sure you can google how the terminal energy levels were developed.

Comment

Nice shot. Round of choice seems on the small side, but who am I to judge? I'm a bowhunter, not the MOST efficient weapon to take an animals life with... starting to question it more and more as time goes on...

Comment

On a PD I have done several in the 1400-1500 range . Not the biggest deal as many have you sit wait for them to pop up an give it a try . On deer have not broken the 1000 mark yet 987 on a mule deer 300 RUM . Hand load 200 grain bullet

Comment

I have no idea on what it takes to shoot long distance heck I can’t even see that far much less shoot that far lol. Apparently you have done your homework on what it takes to kill an animal at those distances or you wouldn’t have shot. Good job to you sir on taking home some meat for the freezer.

Comment

I guess every single person on here throwing rocks at the op have never made a bad choice and had an animal run off wounded. No matter how you look at it. Yes he made a bad choice by shooting long with the incorrect round. But I’ll be ****ed if you folks haven’t waited a deer out 30min to make sure he’s finished no diffrent he just didn’t wait. I guess on the bright side it’s good most of us on here are 100% perfect at everything we do. For what ever we’re hunting that is. Hipócritas

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      Except this one didnt kill. It just hobbled the deer enough to allow the man to slit her throat.
                      Read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                        I guess every single person on here throwing rocks at the op have never made a bad choice and had an animal run off wounded. No matter how you look at it. Yes he made a bad choice by shooting long with the incorrect round. But I’ll be ****ed if you folks haven’t waited a deer out 30min to make sure he’s finished no diffrent he just didn’t wait. I guess on the bright side it’s good most of us on here are 100% perfect at everything we do. For what ever we’re hunting that is. Hipócritas
                        But it isn't a "TIFU..." thread, it's a bragging thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                          But it isn't a "TIFU..." thread, it's a bragging thread.
                          Bragging ? I’m just showing a shot made with a .224. If you knew me you’d know how humble I am. If you don’t like it why don’t you get on your little miniature zebra and ride off into the sunset ?

Comment

Good lord I don't get why everyone is jumping on him about caliber choice. And now everyone is a ballistics expert. 22 Creed does an excellent job because it can push the longer heavier .224 bullets much faster than most other .224 calibers. I'm willing to bet most people have no issue shooting deer with a 55 grain 22-250.
                            And obviously faster smaller diameter bullets can do better than some slower larger diameter bullets. Like a 26 nosler vs a 308.
                            Bottom line is the OP knew his ability with that rifle and felt comfortable taking the shot. He hit it in the vitals and happened to walk up on her before she expired so he sped it up to relieve her from suffering. I don't see any reason to judge him over it. There's no for sure way to know if she would have died sooner with the 28 nosler behind him or if he had the wrong wind hold with that gun and made a poor shot.

Nice shot OP and I can't wait to get my 22 creedmoor finished.

Comment

Hahaha the amount of “I need a tracking dog” threads on here once archery season starts and all of you want to criticize him for his shot and weapon of choice? He seems to be far more efficient with his weapon at that distance than those of you with a bow at 30-40 yds who choose to throw stones. Bunch of **** hypocrites that need to worry about their own abilities first.

Comment

My 10 year old son took a Javi at Chapparal with 6.5 Grendel at 165 yards

Comment

Working...
                                X