No announcement yet.

Traditional FSC Week 2/ 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Rick, you did it just fine! Great, in fact, and seized the lead!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Yes, Rick, you did it just fine! Great, in fact, and seized the lead!
      Thanks. I got out there, and couldn't remember.
      Was it 3rd shot at the dot, or at the tube? When do I shoot at the dot? Etc, Etc.

Thank goodness I had connection to my wifi, and pulled it up on my phone.
      In this case, tube it was.

Rick

Comment

Rick: your shots are fine. I mentioned in a post after the initial rules were laid out that -- if you get in the RH tube with a second shot -- go ahead back to the LH tube for the third shot. The reason for that would be to try and get an arrow in each tube out of one three-arrow effort -- and also to avoid damaging arrows. The measuring aspect is just for misses, and those would be measured to their intended tube, which you did. The dot would only be shot if each of the first two arrows hit inside the tubes.

You still get full credit for: one tube hit, with a total of 1-3/32" of "miss" distance.

Comment

Here's my Day 3 round: no tubes, but I don't hate the shots. Total miss distance: 2-11/16" (1-1/8", 1-5/16", 1/4")

So my Day 2 score was best (1 tube hit, with a miss total of 2-1/8")

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^Nice shooting tradtiger, beats my 3rd Day score with a tube . Fun shoot.^^^^

Day3
            1st: 3/4
            2nd: 3 9/16
            3rd: 0

Total: 4 5/16

Comment

Alright! Way to get that tube, Reb! Really nice round!

Comment

Well, this was disappointing. LOL

Rick

Comment

Aw, man! Like-ta got it! Great shooting!

Comment

I'm done, but shot for fun to see how many arrows it would take to hit in both tubes. Got the first one in. Six more wasn't quite enough to get exactly into the front of the RH tube, but might have been if other arrows were not crimping tube.

Kind of fun to shoot at, I think!

Pics to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      I'm done, but shot for fun to see how many arrows it would take to hit in both tubes. Got the first one in. Six more wasn't quite enough to get exactly into the front of the RH tube, but might have been if other arrows were not crimping tube.

Kind of fun to shoot at, I think!

Pics to follow.
                      Pics:

Comment

Good shooting Yall! I shot two days ago RH and it was horrible...not worth a pic or measure. Today LH wasnt much better. My form is seemingly variable...somewhere. First shot of today is closest to left tube...then the wheels fell off.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Alright, y'all: all day to shoot this. Rick leads so far with a round that includes One tube hit, with a miss-distance total of 1-3/32".

Only takes one try at this; you don't have to shoot it for three days. Git er done!

Comment

I'm out. Left my target up on the bale, and the rain/wind destroyed it.

Rick

Comment

Ok, so the leader is in the clubhouse, with the posted score of one tube hit, with a total miss distance of the other two arrows at 1-3/32"

Just hit two tubes, or one tube with a miss-total distance of less than 1-3/32", and you'll win!

Doesn't matter if you've shot this up til now. Only counting one best round (had up to three days to try).

Comment

Also, been meaning to compliment Rick on the design of his target. Definitely wins the style award for the clean execution of the tubes-through-paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X