Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300BLK SBR YHM SS Phantom Leupold MK-AR

Comment

Busy Monday. Need 4 hands to take pictures and explain my position. Will get on it in the AM........

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

That's a cool rig right there

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

Originally posted by jbran53 View Post
          That's a cool rig right there

Yep that looks pretty handy. I’m thinking of doing something similar to a TC Encore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Show me your truck gun!!

This is my truck/TBH gun, all purchased in the classifieds. 5.56 pistol w/ Vortex SPARC AR and Noveske KX3 Fire Breathing Pig flash suppressor, need to get a backup front sight. This gun has killed more pigs than any other rifle I own... One I’ll never sell for sure.

Last edited by UncleBubba; 01-07-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              This and the 30-30 are close. All you folks with suppressed guns just do not understand the term truck gun. This is a gun or guns you never leave the house without them, and they go into town with you also.
              They are old and multi functional, and you use them for decades.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

My grand father's pictures would be a double barrel with bird shot on the left barrel and buck shot on the right....

What do you know about suppressed guns? Would rather touch off a 45-70 inside a cab of a truck or a suppressed 300 BO?

My idea of a truck gun might differ than most, its a short quiet handy weapon capable of taking a hog. deer, bad guy etc etc
              Last edited by sendit; 01-07-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                What caliber you running?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  What do you know about suppressed guns? Would rather touch off a 45-70 inside a cab of a truck or a suppressed 300 BO?

My idea of a truck gun might differ than most, its a short quiet handy weapon capable of taking a hog. deer, bad guy etc etc
                  This has nothing to do with suppressed. It is about having a Swiss Army knife instead of a fixed blade.

My Grandfathers Truck Gun was an 1890 double barreled shot gun. My dads was a single shot 12 gauge and a 22lr

My Truck Guns for 40 years is a Savage 24v in 20 gauge and 30-30. With a 357 magnum on my hip with snake shot as the first round and then hollow point to follow.

A truck gun needs to be multi functional. The place I ran for 22 years was huge. There was no telling what you were driving up to. You need lots of options. An AR has two options. You shoot it or beat it to death with the stock.

Swiss Army Knife.............
                  Attached Files

Comment

The great boat wreck in 2007 took both away.........

Comment

Show me your truck gun!!

This has nothing to do with suppressed. It is about having a Swiss Army knife instead of a fixed blade.

My Grandfathers Truck Gun was an 1890 double barreled shot gun. My dads was a single shot 12 gauge and a 22lr

My Truck Guns for 40 years is a Savage 24v in 20 gauge and 30-30. With a 357 magnum on my hip with snake shot as the first round and then hollow point to follow.

A truck gun needs to be multi functional. The place I ran for 22 years was huge. There was no telling what you were driving up to. You need lots of options. An AR has two options. You shoot it or beat it to death with the stock.

Swiss Army Knife.............

I can’t imagine what makes an AR not versatile. They’re about as versatile as they come. I’m with you. I love lever guns and .22s. But from a purely functional and practical standpoint an AR is hard to beat. Big enough for deer/pigs. Not TOO large for some small game and Varmints. Decent range, good accuracy, durable/reliable, cheap ammo, and you can have 3-5 times the ammo loaded in your gun than a lever or bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to take the 24V hunting in the next 3 weeks. Buddy has Wood Ducks coming into his pond. I killed a 200 pound boy there 3 weeks back. Going to sit on his pond with the 20 gauge looking for a trophy duck and I will kill any pig I see with the 30-30.....

Options........

Comment

Originally posted by jbran53 View Post
                          what caliber you running?

Sent from my moto z3 using tapatalk
                          300 bo

Comment

i see some expensive guns being offered up for theft or confiscation if used in a defensive shooting. IMO a truck gun should be one you dont mind losing.

i do agree in having a rifle for this

Comment

Going to take the 24V hunting in the next 3 weeks. Buddy has Wood Ducks coming into his pond. I killed a 200 pound boy there 3 weeks back. Going to sit on his pond with the 20 gauge looking for a trophy duck and I will kill any pig I see with the 30-30.....

Options........
                              Stevens .22-.410

Comment

Model 60

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X