Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! I'm new to TBH but have been reading up on past threads and finally decided to join the conversation. This will be my first year to hunt the Whitney/Aquilla area for deer and ducks. I have hunted different public land for dove and ducks for a couple of years now. Seems like a great group of people on here. Looking forward to learning a bunch and helping out any way I can. Hope I get to meet some of y'all out there! Hope everyone has a safe hunting season and enjoys all the time God gives them in the woods!

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
      Hey everyone! I'm new to TBH but have been reading up on past threads and finally decided to join the conversation. This will be my first year to hunt the Whitney/Aquilla area for deer and ducks. I have hunted different public land for dove and ducks for a couple of years now. Seems like a great group of people on here. Looking forward to learning a bunch and helping out any way I can. Hope I get to meet some of y'all out there! Hope everyone has a safe hunting season and enjoys all the time God gives them in the woods!
      Welcome Riemachine!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well got my bow back today with the new strings. It’s been a nightmare breaking them in but I finally feel comfortable with the broad heads up to 30 yards. I would think they were good and stretched and settled and adjust the timing only to have it off again in 10 more shots. It’s still not perfect the fp’s are still different from the bh’s but I sighted in on the bh and it’s been accurate for a while now. I’ll adjust the rest to zero both in later, my arm is tired and the bh’s are good. Think I’ll head out tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
          welcome riemachine!

Sent from my sm-g960u using tapatalk

2x

Oh, and Bear, I've killed a LOT of deer at just 10 foot. Just make sure you got a good back drop to help break up your outline.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            2x

Oh, and Bear, I've killed a LOT of deer at just 10 foot. Just make sure you got a good back drop to help break up your outline.
            That's the area behind me

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
              Ive hunted out of both,i prefer the treestand but like someone above siad, it is a pain in the ____ to haul it in, put it up,take down and haul out. Popup blinds are faster, less bulky to get in and out. However, not as easy to hide and thus get busted very easy. I cant get my stand very high in the tree tho, I sit like 7 8 foot up. Havent figured out how people get them 20 foot up lol Must be magic
              Got smart this year and bought a cart to haul my stand (and deer if I ever get a opportunity on one lol) or in and out with.

I like your setup! Although i do agree it would take quite a while to set up and be a hassle packing in. Has anyone used a climbing stand with any success rather than hanging a stand?

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                I like your setup! Although i do agree it would take quite a while to set up and be a hassle packing in. Has anyone used a climbing stand with any success rather than hanging a stand?

A climber can be pretty useful at times but if you’re looking for a mobile setup I’d recommend a lightweight stand and a set of climbing sticks. I use an XOP Vanish XT with some hawk helium sticks and it weighs around 20-30lbs depending on what gear I take with me with rope mods on the sticks.

Comment

Finally, 4 days of "easy".

Comment

Relax on your time off TG.

Comment

W lake is 3.98 ft low. Still coming up!

My Pop's surgery got postponed due to other health related issues. So I kept the 1 day of Vac time scheduled, and took it off anyway. Kinda nice not see-n anyone outside. Traffic noise is down too.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-04-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Got some corn spread out today . Mike i hope your dad gets thru this.

Comment

Thanks Jess! Hope yours gets his first archery deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Riemachine View Post
                            Welcome to the green screen

Comment

Anybody hunting today? Or this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Anybody hunting today? Or this weekend?

After last weekends sweat lodge i had going on, im not until we atleast get in the 70’s. I will be out around lunch to feed my crows and squirrels though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X