Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
    i've hunted it once and it was awesome but that was years ago. If you ever need tbh company i could head that way
    :d :d :d

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Yup! I use mine. I posted a pic of me standing up paddling it with my dog and his blind in it as well. Works great for getting into some areas faster and easier than carrying all of your gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What do you use for camo for the boat? Do you actually hunt from the boat or do you set up on the bank?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's our yaks, once season rolls around they'll be duck killing machines. Most of the places we hunt will just be used as transportation and covered in camo burlap.

Don't have any places where well need to hunt from them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171105_091931.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24551843
          I use a kayak on occasion too. Get in skinny water easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yotaman View Post
            [ATTACH]923460[/ATTACH]
            I use a kayak on occasion too. Get in skinny water easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

im going to try teal hunt somewhere on the coast in a kayak. all i know is kayak fishing, never been duck hunting. son and i getting the kayak ready with some pvc pipes to build a frame and cover it in burlap but not sure if it need it. im just going to go somewhere in christmas bay, dont really know where i can go for a rookie start. i will be happy just to be out there and even better if i see a teal.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
              Couple of my favorites from last year.

Could have shot 20 limits of mallards this morning. Had our 20 greenheads and 4 pintail in about 30 minutes and then sat there and watched them land in the decoys for 2 more hours.
              [ATTACH]923340[/ATTACH]

And then broke my 3 year band drought on the second to last weekend of the season. Decided to make a last minute trip to OK while everything up there was locked up but we thought when it thawed it might be incredible and it didn’t disappoint.

[ATTACH]923341[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923342[/ATTACH]

Isnt that Alex Brittingham and her duck retrieving Jack Russell Gator?

Comment

Couple of my favorites from last year.

Could have shot 20 limits of mallards this morning. Had our 20 greenheads and 4 pintail in about 30 minutes and then sat there and watched them land in the decoys for 2 more hours.
                [ATTACH]923340[/ATTACH]

And then broke my 3 year band drought on the second to last weekend of the season. Decided to make a last minute trip to OK while everything up there was locked up but we thought when it thawed it might be incredible and it didn’t disappoint.

[ATTACH]923341[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923342[/ATTACH]
                Just watched an episode of RNT and they had a Jack Russel fetching up geese.

Was that ya'll?

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  Here's our yaks, once season rolls around they'll be duck killing machines. Most of the places we hunt will just be used as transportation and covered in camo burlap.

Don't have any places where well need to hunt from them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  I'm planning on make a few trips with the yak this year myself.

Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    Isnt that Alex Brittingham and her duck retrieving Jack Russell Gator?
                    Yep that is them She is my Fiancee.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      Just watched an episode of RNT and they had a Jack Russel fetching up geese.

Was that ya'll?
                      That was us! I tried to load some photos from that Hunt the other day but they were all too big of files and I didn’t feel like messing with it 😂😂
                      Attached Files

Comment

That was us! I tried to load some photos from that Hunt the other day but they were all too big of files and I didn’t feel like messing with it [emoji23][emoji23]

Cool deal

How does her pup do around water?

I got a mix breed with the colors if a jack russel. Great drive on retrieving

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Cool deal

How does her pup do around water?

I got a mix breed with the colors if a jack russel. Great drive on retrieving

He loves water! He hops in and swims around with the labs and does all the same water work the labs do. He was a little unsure last year about the real cold water but he was still just pup, just a year and a half old. He also didn’t like big open swimming water where there wasn’t a bank close by. They’ve been working on that a lot this off season so I don’t think it will be a problem anymore!

Comment

Johnpaul, just heard the hunting dog podcast with your fiance. Was a fun listen. I've got a jagd that I want to try on ducks this year.

Comment

Starting to get ready but this year has been really busy. Drew a couple spots to hunt and scouted them out. Looks good just need about two feet of water by season. Going to try some new places this year but with our son due in October going to have to stay pretty close to home. Come on rain.

Comment

Love looking through everybody's pictures. I used to be pretty mad at the ducks down on the coast but haven't made a hunt since moving to West Texas 4+ years ago. Pretty sure my dog hates me now! Some of my best hunting memories involve my brother/good buddies, a duck blind, cold beer, trash talking, and some awesome sunsets on the coast. Unfortunately I don't have many pics on this phone

Comment

Working...
                                X