No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a cow I killed last year at Teniente I shot her while she was looking at me from about 150 yard and she didn’t go anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      Yes, pretty much what is required in order to harvest the meat before spoiling, especially in such warm temps. Unless your lucky enough to stick one near a road, have a team of people, or get fortunate enough to recover one near sunset and equally fortunate enough to receive vehicle support(don't count on it), after legal hunting hours.
      I bet it takes 3 guys just to ruck out a quartered bull. The areas I plan on hunting are not anywhere close to the roads. I guess that sucks for me. lol

Comment

Heading down on 11/30-12/4, with Pepper, Chief, Sneaky and others. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Tagged now. Was drawn for the 11/16-20 and permit purchased. Have a house locked in where I'll be staying. Considering bike but don't mind putting miles on the boots. Will research lightweight packable tri if not, I'll go with brush blinds and a comfy chair. Looking forward to the adventure and harvesting an animal will be a bonus. Excited

Comment

Any of y'all hunt LANWR last December? How bad were the rattlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
              Any of y'all hunt LANWR last December? How bad were the rattlers?
              Expect rattlers down here all year. Lol

Comment

I stayed in port Isabel last year, plan on staying there this year. It’s not a bad drive.

Has anyone received an email about the 11/16 orientation time changing? The park manager said they planned on changing it from 9am

Comment

yeah, they sent one out a few days ago... think it is at 3:00 P.M. Said you could scout earlier, but advised against it.

Comment

Hmm. Didn’t get it. Glad I asked. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                      Expect rattlers down here all year. Lol
                      Well, then it looks like I'm buying some snake boots.

Comment

I bought snake chaps last year, never wore them. We didn’t see any rattlers, though I know a few did. However, ticks are everywhere, little tiny ticks. Thorns! Every bush seems to have thorns. Those yucca plants are the worst, I had a limp for a week after a good stab from them.

Comment

Comment

I hunted there last year rifle.
                            Thome Park- gate locks, hard to get back in. We had some fishermen leave and we got back in the out side.
                            If you kill one plan about 5+ hours from ground to cooler
                            Bring good knives, sharpeners, and a sawzall with a couple of brush blades.
                            We hunted end of December a couple weeks after the snow. Cold, drizzle,dreary and large rattlers were still seen out, not by us thank God. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
                            4-wheeler-had a young man with the permit that drug out 5 nilgai one afternoon saying he’d walk the high grass and flush them out. I did not know him but he did not look or sound like there was any handicap by the way he hunted or cleaned the animals he shot. But he did have the permit so guess there was proof of something.
                            Tough hunt but rewarding. Good luck

Comment

Just curious, I know it says no motorized vehicles, but is that just gas motors they are talking about or what.
                              Can you get away with an electric bicycle like a quiet cat?

Comment

Originally posted by treestandjunky View Post
                                Just curious, I know it says no motorized vehicles, but is that just gas motors they are talking about or what.
                                Can you get away with an electric bicycle like a quiet cat?
                                Someone said no elec bikes. I asked earlier but have not confirmed with the park office.

Comment

Working...
                                X