Bow hunt during muzzleloader season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hunt during muzzleloader season?

I was talking to my brother-in-law today and he asked the question , Can you still bow hunt during the muzzle loader season ? Well I was kind of stumped . I think the answer is no but I'm not sure . His reply was that you can bow hunt during any other rifle season so why couldn't you bow hunt during muzzleloader season ? Anybody familiar with the law on this one ?

Nope.
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so. Muzzle loading season is muzzle loading only, Archery is archery only, General season is all of the above.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Nope.
        The next heading below possession of firearms by felons is Archery and it comes right out and says no bows during muzzleloader season.

Comment

When is muzzle loader only season? Never paid attention to that. Heck, I've never even shot a muzzle loader.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            When is muzzle loader only season? Never paid attention to that. Heck, I've never even shot a muzzle loader.
            You should get into it and add a few more weeks to your hunting season. Heck it's just as easy to learn and inexpensive as traditional archery......

Richard.

Comment

I want to say it is county by county dependent on if/when there is a ML season... but it is almost always at the tail end.

I do know of at least one person who is a die hard bowhunter and enjoys the fact that there is a season at the end that he is only allowed to hunt with a gun and can't bring his bow. It is a built in excuse to fill the freezer with the gun.

Comment

Muzzleloader Only White-tailed Deer Season

A muzzleloader is any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle. Note: A cap and ball firearm in which the powder and ball are loaded into a cylinder is not a muzzleloader. Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms only.

Comment

I know we have a 2 week muzzleloader season here in Houston County immediately following rifle season. I've though about buying one, but normally I've hunted so much by then I just want to sleep late!! But here it's only muzzleloader, no bows. Not sure about other counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                    I was talking to my brother-in-law today and he asked the question , Can you still bow hunt during the muzzle loader season ? Well I was kind of stumped . I think the answer is no but I'm not sure . His reply was that you can bow hunt during any other rifle season so why couldn't you bow hunt during muzzleloader season ? Anybody familiar with the law on this one ?
                    There is no rifle season in Texas. What everyone calls "Rifle season" is actually called the "General Season", and you can legally hunt with any legal means during General season.

Bisch

Comment

They added a whole bunch of counties this year, the eastern third of texas now has a two week muzzleloader season after the close of general season. I wish they would allow archery too, heres an idea have a trad archery season co-incide with ML season, they could refer to it as primitive arms season.

Comment

TP&W should let bowhunters during muzzle loader season. Or maybe they may think it competes with the kids season that is the same time as muzzle loader season?

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                          TP&W should let bowhunters during muzzle loader season. Or maybe they may think it competes with the kids season that is the same time as muzzle loader season?
                          Then muzzleloaders will want to hunt during archery season, if you want to primitive hunt during muzzleloader season use a flintlock rifle with open sights.

Comment

I say a bow is not a firearm.

I dont see any advantage over a muzzleloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Then muzzleloaders will want to hunt during archery season, if you want to primitive hunt during muzzleloader season use a flintlock rifle with open sights.
                              I see your point but archery is not as effective as a muzzleloader for harvesting game.

Or they could have traditional archery during muzzleloader season?

Comment

Working...
                              X