No announcement yet.

Dream to Reality: The One Sixty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great caption of this past years hunt. Perfect place for lots more memories. Good job wingnut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats buddy! Following for sure. GOD willing I will have a ranch in OK as well. It’s definitely a dream of mine and my family’s. I’ve already spoke to Darton through PMs. Again congrats! I PRAY I am making a thread like this one as well in the future.

Comment

You sir are an oracle! I am honored to know you and look forward to our many adventures in God's Country! Wonderful to hear of the success at the 160! The future will only get better

Comment

Originally posted by HCGedge3 View Post
          Congrats buddy! Following for sure. GOD willing I will have a ranch in OK as well. It’s definitely a dream of mine and my family’s. I’ve already spoke to Darton through PMs. Again congrats! I PRAY I am making a thread like this one as well in the future.
          Thanks! Great to hear that it's a dream of yours but its a dream that can turn into a reality, I promise! When Cody and me first talked about all the pros about buying land in Oklahoma the more I got excited. We had been following Darton since his beginning of his land adventures. I like you reached out to Darton and off we went running. Darton, is as good as they come and is a real person just like me and you. My experiences have been absolutely amazing here in Oklahoma! I look forward to your Oklahoma thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
            Great caption of this past years hunt. Perfect place for lots more memories. Good job wingnut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
            Thank you! Looking forward to 2019 season!!

Comment

That is awesome! Enjoyed the read! Look forward to this coming season!

Comment

Awesome write-up Code! I will agree with ALL that is said, The 160 is an awesome place in more ways than I can count! Mainly because of the fellowship of like minded hunters just being able to enjoy God’s wonderful creation! As Cody mentioned, I mainly only hunt the public land, cuz I already feel indebted enough by the fact that I already get to stay in/utilize the cabin, much less hunt this awesome place! Don’t get me wrong, Wingnut has told me MANY times, “shoot a doe” or “you need to go try and kill Eeyore”... That’s just the kind of brother he is, and Cody too! I have hunted it a few times, mainly during the “dead time” in Oklahoma that is post gun season, so none of us were seeing much, but nonetheless it was still AWESOME!! I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to Wingnut, and Cody as well, for finally pestering this old fart enough to finally get me to cross the Red River, and hunt this awesome area! I’ve accused, and fully believe, they make me go sometimes just to have “Pawpaw” to pick on. Yeah, cuz I’m the senior member by bout 10 years or so, I’ve become Pawpaw. I actually started coming up “late” cuz I didn’t start hunting up there till the very last weekend of November. So your date on when I started chasing Pete was a little off Code... I know, even if I had started chasing him when you said, I still may have had the same end result. But we all walked several public land spots that weekend together, while I did my best to keep up, and found some promising areas. We set my first stand that weekend, then the chasing began! I went back the following weekend, got another stand up, some cameras, and continued to learn more. I went several times by myself, and always had a wonderful place to stay, thanks to my brother! I’m learning my public land area more each time, and know soon it will payoff! It’ll obviously be next season now, but I’ve already got 3-4 more areas I’m going to check in the weeks to come, scout em out, and put some cameras up. With that said, none of this prob would’ve happened without the prodding of my 2 brothers, and the dream that became The 160! I help trim a limb for a shootin lane here and there, maybe climb a tree to hand up a loc-on, and even help jockey feed sacks for feeder filling... But make NO MISTAKE, Wingnut and Code are the main men for the shaping The 160 to what it is! And I’m just thankful to be a microscopic part of the story! And Darton, sorry once again we didn’t get to meet, but guess I’m just always chasing that public land ghost! I know we will one day. Thanks again guys for letting me tag along, and cramp yalls style. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

i know burj kahlifa. he has that llama ranch in palestine.

Comment

Great season guys. Enjoyed following this year. Looking forward to next one.
                    I got kind of confused, who bought the new property?

Comment

Awesome, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        Awesome write-up Code! I will agree with ALL that is said, The 160 is an awesome place in more ways than I can count! Mainly because of the fellowship of like minded hunters just being able to enjoy God’s wonderful creation! As Cody mentioned, I mainly only hunt the public land, cuz I already feel indebted enough by the fact that I already get to stay in/utilize the cabin, much less hunt this awesome place! Don’t get me wrong, Wingnut has told me MANY times, “shoot a doe” or “you need to go try and kill Eeyore”... That’s just the kind of brother he is, and Cody too! I have hunted it a few times, mainly during the “dead time” in Oklahoma that is post gun season, so none of us were seeing much, but nonetheless it was still AWESOME!! I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to Wingnut, and Cody as well, for finally pestering this old fart enough to finally get me to cross the Red River, and hunt this awesome area! I’ve accused, and fully believe, they make me go sometimes just to have “Pawpaw” to pick on. Yeah, cuz I’m the senior member by bout 10 years or so, I’ve become Pawpaw. I actually started coming up “late” cuz I didn’t start hunting up there till the very last weekend of November. So your date on when I started chasing Pete was a little off Code... I know, even if I had started chasing him when you said, I still may have had the same end result. But we all walked several public land spots that weekend together, while I did my best to keep up, and found some promising areas. We set my first stand that weekend, then the chasing began! I went back the following weekend, got another stand up, some cameras, and continued to learn more. I went several times by myself, and always had a wonderful place to stay, thanks to my brother! I’m learning my public land area more each time, and know soon it will payoff! It’ll obviously be next season now, but I’ve already got 3-4 more areas I’m going to check in the weeks to come, scout em out, and put some cameras up. With that said, none of this prob would’ve happened without the prodding of my 2 brothers, and the dream that became The 160! I help trim a limb for a shootin lane here and there, maybe climb a tree to hand up a loc-on, and even help jockey feed sacks for feeder filling... But make NO MISTAKE, Wingnut and Code are the main men for the shaping The 160 to what it is! And I’m just thankful to be a microscopic part of the story! And Darton, sorry once again we didn’t get to meet, but guess I’m just always chasing that public land ghost! I know we will one day. Thanks again guys for letting me tag along, and cramp yalls style. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        Absolutely sir Look forward to meeting you as well

Comment

Hard to follow up after Cody's ending of the 2018 season! I think he truly missed his calling of being an author of some sorts I can't even express how blessed I am to be on this journey, I'm trying to soak in every trip, every experience, all the details, all the memories and all the friendships. I just never ever could have dreamed big enough for something like this! Thanks for following along with this new journey. We are going to be putting in a few new food plots this year along with moving some stands and feeders to new locations. Also I'm getting a new pipeline very soon and I plan on updating everything as it unfolds. Planning on making a new hunting spot with it as well. In case you missed HollyWood here is a link to him https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Hollywood

Comment

Looking forward to following next season.

Comment

Congrats on your new place.

Comment

Well I was able to sneak away from Coal Creek and get a few projects done at the 160. First up was planting a couple of food plots. I'm trying two different kinds of seeds/products to see what the deer prefer. First is Laredo soybeans, I'm really curious to see how they do. The second food plot is Meanbean Crush with some pinto beans from the local dollar general.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X