Fold Down Windshield for Lease Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold Down Windshield for Lease Truck?

Anyone ever installed a FRONT windshield that folds down like a UTV windshield? This is STRICTLY for a lease vehicle and not intended for street legal.

I hunt mostly out of one of our lease UTV's simply due to problems climbing stairs to a blind. Believe me, with a bad knee and bad hip it's a B..ch so much easier to stay on the ground. We have a couple of sendero's that when corned bring out the critters!

My personal Crew UTV has a fold down windshield, but some AC and mainly HEAT would be nice if needed. Just seeking more "comfort" in my ole' age, lol.

I've priced doors or full enclosures for the Crew, but I can buy a truck or SUV for actually much less than what I have found if the right price. I've also considered a box blind to mount on one of our 5x10 trailers with the door on the end that can be accessed by the trailer ramp. Man, the UTV dealers STICK it to you for add on's, always have and always will I guess!

Any ideas or suggestions as I know it would be a custom job depending on the vehicle. Thanks in advance....Kuma

Here is a custom roof I built for a guy that wanted shade in his jeep and the windshield to be folded down to shoot quail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I would pull the windshield out and then build a rectangle frame inside the factory hole, then build a folding windshield inside the new frame. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Park the truck sideways, problem solved.

Comment

I had a pneumatic “fold up” windshield on my Jeep for a bit. Guy in Colorado used to make them. Tyson design works. We used to say last thing them Nilgai heard was it going up LOL. I’ll find a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

not my Jeep but I had just like it

Comment

Comment

Why not just use a manual folding windshield and a mr buddy heater?

Comment

What kind of truck is it?

Comment

Don't have a specific truck to do this with now. Other lease members have old Troopers, Ranger PU, Hummer but I still use the ranger crew. Just trying to decide what direction I want to go.

Like the pics..give's me some ideas.

Comment

Working...
                    X