No announcement yet.

Tow-behind boom sprayer for ATV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought that exact same one Jerp. only a few dollars more than the Tractor supply version and liked the options with better reviews on pumps, etc. i wanted the boom option for the roads and hand sprayer for the fence lines and around the house foundation.

i have not assembled it or used it yet as i just picked it up.

Comment

I was concerned also about a pull-behind so I saw this boomless one at Northern Tool and bought it. I'm pretty happy with it. Have used it a LOT over the past year and a half. This particular one has the O-rings in it that won't corrode with chemicals, or not supposed to anyway.

oh, it holds 26 gal and I usually fill it most of the way. It squats my Kawasaki Prairie a little but it works great!

Comment

Some valid points made here about the trailer versus back of ATV.

The trailer would be good if it set up higher off the ground, so like was said it looks like it was made for lawns and turfgrass.

The ATV carry would be a concern because water weighs a little more than 8 pounds. So 25 gallons on an ATV would be about 200 pounds. If you have a little ATV like I do, that could be an accident waiting to happen.

I have a 300 gallon, 27' boom sprayer for my tractor and it rides on the 3 point. Someday I will convert it to a trailer for safety. It is flat dangerous and I have to be mindful of where I am at all times.

To clean these sprayers, run 1% clear ammonia through them. (1 gallon / 100 gallons of water) for about 15-20 minutes. Leave the residual after this to keep mildew from growing in the lines and bottom of the tank or do something to keep it completely dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          I have a Fimco sprayer from Tractor Supply that rides in the bed of my UTV. I considered a trailer but the thought I dragging it back to camp over and over again to refill it from the pasture convinced me to get one that rides in the bed. Now when I'm empty I can drive at normal speeds to get back and refill vs crawling because I'm bouncing the trailer around like crazy.

The Fimco was about the same price range as the Northern Tool ones and it has done great for me. I have a boom on it that hangs over the tailgate and is great for spraying.
          Me too, only mine started out as a tow behind for my yard. Big yard ! I happened to pull it over a limb in my front yard and the limb went under the axle, flipped the trailer and twisted the heck out of it. Later on I pulled the tank off and bolted it to a couple 2X6s and made a tank with a platform that I could just slide in my Ranger and go spray. I have a 60 gallon rig for my tractor but this thing is so handy for narrow plots and my yard that I don’t know why I didn’t just build one to begin with. You can build one for your wheeler Jerp and it will be much handier than the trailer ever will be. All the stuff is available at Northern.

Comment

most sXs can handle 500 pounds in the bed so you could go with 50 - 60 gallons and be ok

Comment

Working...
            X