Tow-behind boom sprayer for ATV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow-behind boom sprayer for ATV?

Looking for something to use behind a four wheeler on small food plots. Anybody have one they would recommend? I saw this one at Northern Tool but I'm skeptical about how much quality $320 would buy

I do not own one, so I don't have a recommendation on what to buy. Whatever you do, make sure you clean it out well when done. The nozzles/spray tips, especially. These parts are constantly cussed at the camp yard.

Comment

I have a Fimco sprayer from Tractor Supply that rides in the bed of my UTV. I considered a trailer but the thought I dragging it back to camp over and over again to refill it from the pasture convinced me to get one that rides in the bed. Now when I'm empty I can drive at normal speeds to get back and refill vs crawling because I'm bouncing the trailer around like crazy.

The Fimco was about the same price range as the Northern Tool ones and it has done great for me. I have a boom on it that hangs over the tailgate and is great for spraying.

Comment

Jerp I would get that rides on the 4 wheeler rack. A tow behind like the one mentioned above is meant for lawns. A disked field will beat that thing to death

Comment

I rigged a boomless nozzle on my 20 gallon sprayer and it works great. Sprays a 11 foot swath when its on the back of my tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Jerp I would get that rides on the 4 wheeler rack. A tow behind like the one mentioned above is meant for lawns. A disked field will beat that thing to death
            That makes sense. I wonder how heavy would be too heavy for a tank on a rear ATV rack?

Comment

I've got a 16 gallon that straps to my four wheeler rack. 600CC bike has no trouble hauling it around. Could go bigger if I wanted to, but the rack is only so big.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                That makes sense. I wonder how heavy would be too heavy for a tank on a rear ATV rack?
                I have a 25 gallon that goes on the back of mine and have no problems

Comment

I’ve been running the same 25 gallon boomless sprayer for probably 10 years now. Booms will get destroyed. Go boomless. Mine will spray 16-17’ swath. I typically spray 20 gallons per acre

550 grizzly handles it easily

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                    I've got a 16 gallon that straps to my four wheeler rack. 600CC bike has no trouble hauling it around. Could go bigger if I wanted to, but the rack is only so big.
                    I have a 16 gallon as well and spray alot with no problems. I just use the include broadcast nozzle when i want to spray my plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I’ve been running the same 25 gallon boomless sprayer for probably 10 years now. Booms will get destroyed. Go boomless. Mine will spray 16-17’ swath. I typically spray 20 gallons per acre

Good - that's exactly what I have

Comment

What brand/ model?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Good - that's exactly what I have
                          Sounds like a 40 gallon is in order to me! You don't have to fill it all the way.

Comment

I think most any utv could easily handle a 40. Size alone on an atv would be iffy
                            I wired a 2 prong plug on a pig tail so I didn’t have to run power off “cigarette lighter” outlet.

I’d rank it the best investment I’ve made as far as habitat improvement tool

Comment

I've got the same Fimco sprayer and it has worked very well for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X