Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought it at heb and they even helped load it. $9.98

Comment

Bucee's in Waller was 8.68 Friday. $10.00 per bag at Palmer Feed on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        Been buying corn from HEB at $8.98 but stopped by today for a load and it’s up to $9.98 now. It’s good clean corn though.
        Dang it that was Quick price up, but they will load it for you if you ask.

Comment

We’re trying to grow the DU chapter for San Angelo and the Concho Valley.

If you can attend our happy hour next Tuesday, 8/31, we would love to see you there!

Free beer and appetizers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm working or I'd join y'all.

Comment

I am hunting a new place in Coleman County just off of Lake Ivie this year. I am struggling to decide on blind placement vs. wind direction. I have looked at wind rose data for the area and generally anticipate SE or NW winds. Where possible I will have 2 blind locations, but I have a couple of places that would only allow for 1 stand.

I am looking for some real world input from those of you who hunt the area though.

Thank you.
              Last edited by Grand Passage; 09-08-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

SW is a very prevalent wind

IMO, a setup on both the North East side and Due South side would be ideal. Just my 0.02 though.

Comment

Agreed on the SW wind during the fall and winter.....

Comment

The more I study this, the more a NE placement makes sense.

Comment

It's also all relative to where your deer come from. Stand placement in regards to where you're feeding/shooting them at is the simple part.

Learning how your deer travel that location and being able to beat their nose before they get in front of you is the most important part IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                        It's also all relative to where your deer come from. Stand placement in regards to where you're feeding/shooting them at is the simple part.

Learning how your deer travel that location and being able to beat their nose before they get in front of you is the most important part IMO.
                        I agree completely, which is part of the reason I am struggling with this. I think most of the deer will be coming from the East side of the current natural/existing feeder locations.
                        Last edited by Grand Passage; 09-08-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Place them where you have the best chance to hunt no matter the wind direction. An example of what not to do would be placing one stand on the NW side and the other on the SW side. A west wind would make that entire location not huntable. If you have no choice, make sure the "dead wind" differs from stand to stand. The ideal stand location for me is on the Due East side of what I'm hunting over because of how little it occurs during hunting season. BUT make sure you have a setup somewhere on your place that you can hunt a Due East wind with.

Once you learn how your deer travel each set you can decide when you should or should not hunt that location because of where the wind will be blowing your scent to. It's a process that takes a lot of time to learn. There are also a few more factors that I think about when placing/hunting stand(s) but the majority of people only care about where their scent is "blowing" to and don't care about anything other than that.

You can shoot me a PM if you care for any further details I'm talking about. I don't want to clog the thread with questions/answers.

Comment

Made it down to Toe Nail for one last check before I go time. I knew when I left last time that I had one camera that wasn’t working, so I don’t have much by way of this year‘s pictures, but here are a few of the better ones from January and the one decent Sept pic.

Comment

i helped my cousin set ups a new spot at his eden lease this weekend , deer are looking great!

Comment

Who all is headed out opening weekend? How are yalls deer looking? Will be hunting off of Burma Road opening day! Can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X