This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    The left are hoping to have communism solidly in place by that point. If they pull that off, sports will be the least of your worries.
    Truth to this statement..Idiotic conformity,and anyone who does it;lacks_____.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
      You guys are missing the real downside to this, I don't care about football. But millions of guys that usually only hunt opening weekend and Thanksgiving weekend may decide to hunt more. That's bad for anyone who hunts public land as the woods will get over ran.
      Just like you couldn't find a parking place at the boat ramp on a Wednesday morning all spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      There was a rumor floated out on some hunting forum(instagram,I think)That hunting/fishing licenses would not be re-issued in some states.If I recall correctly,it was an Illinois poster.

Comment

Oh my! Could the players actually have to go to class?! ....and do their own work?! ....and take their own tests?! The horror!

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
          You guys are missing the real downside to this, I don't care about football. But millions of guys that usually only hunt opening weekend and Thanksgiving weekend may decide to hunt more. That's bad for anyone who hunts public land as the woods will get over ran.
          Just like you couldn't find a parking place at the boat ramp on a Wednesday morning all spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          There will still be pro ball, but if theres any sort of shut down in the fall like there was in the spring lord help the public land, hell I heard my neighbor talking about shooting a deer in the spring when the supermarket shelves were empty.
          I can just imagine the newbies walking around with rifles in archery only areas, hopefully it won't happen. I can vouch for the boat ramp insanity in the spring, it happened.
          Last edited by bossbowman; 08-10-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            There was a rumor floated out on some hunting forum(instagram,I think)That hunting/fishing licenses would not be re-issued in some states.If I recall correctly,it was an Illinois poster.

First time I've heard that

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
              If it happens I will feel sorry for all those seniors needing another year to get drafted
              To what ? NFL on suicide watch

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Why would the NFL follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                $$$. If they cancel season before an official season game owners won't have to pay players their full season monies.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  Saw the Louisville HC says that the ACC is playing this year no matter what other conferences do.

Also saw that Senator from Nebraska wrote a letter to the BIG 10 presidents to reconsider (use to be a college president)

I think you see the other conferences try to move forward and the BIG 10 changes course, but if they don't......
                  Big Ten sucks. I don't care who you are... that is funny

Comment

NFL can have the season without fans, most of their revenue comes from their TV contracts, NCAA could do the same but the universities presidents won't condone playing games when classes aren't happening on campus as these are supposed to be institutions of learning not football.

Comment

What did i miss how’s this turn into a public hunting an nfl thread [emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        $$$. If they cancel season before an official season game owners won't have to pay players their full season monies.

Then they wouldn’t get TV money, exposure, or all of their licensing money, either. They would much rather play, trust me.

Comment

Winning !

Comment

Big10 opt out?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              can you share what the contingency may look like? I coach a youth team and our league follows UIL so if uil cancels then we likely won't have a season either.
                              we were supposed to order uniforms today but no one knows what to do at this point.
                              The contingency is more like a action plan on how we would share athletes if HS football is moved to the Spring. The problem is that everything is pure speculation, we are still going about business as usual however we also have game plans in place if the season is just pushed back. There are so many factors that everything that arises makes five more questions.... it’s difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                                The contingency is more like a action plan on how we would share athletes if HS football is moved to the Spring. The problem is that everything is pure speculation, we are still going about business as usual however we also have game plans in place if the season is just pushed back. There are so many factors that everything that arises makes five more questions.... it’s difficult.

Yeah that’s what we are dealing with at the youth level
                                Someone just needs to make a decision
                                I think If one big school just came out and announced they are willing to move to spring most would follow. There’s just too much unknown right now and it’s only going to lead to a *******ized season that means nothing
                                If you are a senior you just have to decide which sport is most important
                                It’s unfortunate but I don’t see how you manage a fall season in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X