Blaser R8 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaser R8 Build

Anyone shoot one? If given the opportunity to build one what caliber would you choose? Would really just be a blind or range rifle to minimize potential damage to a $6-7K firearm. Think short action and enough to take out an Aoudad (range and energy). Leaning toward: 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC (I know, not SA), and 300 WSM.

Go!
    Last edited by peterp63; 05-02-2021, 08:53 PM.

My brother has an R93 Luxus in 257 weatherby. While it’s a very nice rifle and you can run the bolt crazy fast, you can build one heck of a custom bolt action that’ll be far superior. Not to mention extra barrels and bolt heads etc are crazy expensive.

M16 should chime in. He knows a thing or two about them haha

Comment

nice rifles i would love to own one but my retiree budget says it's not going to happen,,, but since i am dreaming,,,, i would go with the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser round,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        My brother has an R93 Luxus in 257 weatherby. While it’s a very nice rifle and you can run the bolt crazy fast, you can build one heck of a custom bolt action that’ll be far superior. Not to mention extra barrels and bolt heads etc are crazy expensive.

M16 should chime in. He knows a thing or two about them haha

I had an R93 with 3 barrels topped with a Nightforce. Great rifle but sold it.

This R8 build would be at factory cost or else we wouldn’t even be considering it.

Comment

I don't have any experience with the R8 but do with the R93. Since the barrels don't interchange between the two models and owning 25 or so it wasn't worth making the switch.

You won't gain anything buy getting a short action caliber. The action is the same size for everything. Just a bolt stop built into the magazine. So I wouldn't limit myself on that criteria. If you are getting a wood stock and don't want to damage it I'd get an extra fiberglass stock to hunt with.

Comment

Working...
          X