LF Age & Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
    Cool looking buck! Do LF deer score differently than HF?
    Not getting into that on this thread. If you want to discuss that, then start a low fence vs. high fence thread.

Comment

Comment

6-7, might scare 170 but need to see him rubbed out to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
          Not getting into that on this thread. If you want to discuss that, then start a low fence vs. high fence thread.

Lol. Was just asking because of the title you offered is all. Again nice deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol. Was just asking because of the title you offered is all. Again nice deer

I hear ya. No, they don’t score any different. But, I do feel they can show age different than pen raised (not native hf) deer. And I was more concerned with age than score with this thread.

And thanks!

Comment

I hear ya. No, they don’t score any different. But, I do feel they can show age different than pen raised (not native hf) deer. And I was more concerned with age than score with this thread.

And thanks!

Based more off the pic you have of him and sound confident it’s the same deer, I’d say he’s 2.5 there putting him at close to 5.5. If wasn’t afraid he’d get shot I’d definitely see what he does with another year. His legs and body now look older than 5.5 so that young pic may just be really deceiving if it’s him.

Comment

Based more off the pic you have of him and sound confident it’s the same deer, I’d say he’s 2.5 there putting him at close to 5.5. If wasn’t afraid he’d get shot I’d definitely see what he does with another year. His legs and body now look older than 5.5 so that young pic may just be really deceiving if it’s him.

Yeah I’m leaning on the side of letting him walk. We have other deer that are known 7+ we will be hunting so he will probably live another year and hopefully continue living at the protein station. He is for sure the same deer. I have seen him no less than 50 sits each year starting in 2017. One of the most predictable bucks on the ranch.

Comment

I think there is no way he is less than 6.5 this year. His baby face on the 2017 pics is throwing us off I think. Cut his head off those pics and he does not look 2.5 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    I think there is no way he is less than 6.5 this year. His baby face on the 2017 pics is throwing us off I think. Cut his head off those pics and he does not look 2.5 at all.

I see what you mean. Cover up the head and he’s looking closer to 4.5 in the 2017 pic. Crazy. Ok, I’ll say he’s now 7.5

Comment

Yeah I’m leaning on the side of letting him walk. We have other deer that are known 7+ we will be hunting so he will probably live another year and hopefully continue living at the protein station. He is for sure the same deer. I have seen him no less than 50 sits each year starting in 2017. One of the most predictable bucks on the ranch.
                      Can you post 18 and 19 pics? Would love to see the progression

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                        Can you post 18 and 19 pics? Would love to see the progression

Here is ‘18 pics. Sorry for the bad pics. All I have are bino/iPhone pics. I lost the SDs cards from that year. I have ‘19s pics on my cards at the ranch. I will post ‘19 when I go this week.

I think I have settled on him being a fat 6 yr old this year. That would put him at 3 in the first set of pics from ‘17.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	24628636
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	24628637

Comment

I think he was 2 in those ‘17 pics.

Comment

old pic of small one, 2.5 yr old
                            newer pic, 5.5 yr

Comment

What are y'all feeding? That buck has made quite the jump! Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                                What are y'all feeding? That buck has made quite the jump! Nice one
                                We feed Double Down year round and cottonseed Jan - Sep.

Comment

Working...
                                X