No announcement yet.

Dewberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My folks used to have the larger Brazosberries. We would pick 5 gallons a day. Thankfully my son dug some plants before the home place sold.

Comment

We also have lots of dewberries that are ripening right now. Hope to get to pick some this week. My tame blackberries are starting to produce... Hard to work so hard to pick a gallon of dewberries, when I can stand in one place and pick a gallon of the blackberries...

This is a comparison of regular dewberries and my blackberries, plus my blackberries don't have THORNS!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7338.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24616190

When they get going good, we will get 2-3 gallons of berries of the vines every 3 or 4 days up until late May/June, then again in the Fall... They are fruiting primocane berries... First year we planted them, we picked berries fresh for a cobbler for Thanksgiving desert! ...and sweeeeet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7403.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24616191

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        We also have lots of dewberries that are ripening right now. Hope to get to pick some this week. My tame blackberries are starting to produce... Hard to work so hard to pick a gallon of dewberries, when I can stand in one place and pick a gallon of the blackberries...

This is a comparison of regular dewberries and my blackberries, plus my blackberries don't have THORNS!!

[ATTACH]1000960[/ATTACH]

When they get going good, we will get 2-3 gallons of berries of the vines every 3 or 4 days up until late May/June, then again in the Fall... They are fruiting primocane berries... First year we planted them, we picked berries fresh for a cobbler for Thanksgiving desert! ...and sweeeeet!

[ATTACH]1000961[/ATTACH]
        Where do you get those Charlie?

Comment

[ATTACH]1000960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1000961[/ATTACH]
          You got the right idea with the thornless Charlie. In still picking thorns out of us from picking berries 2 days ago.

Comment

Do you mind posting your wine recipe/instructions?

Comment

Looking good. I hope the bushes are full with fruit this weekend when I get to the lease.
              I make a gallon of wine last year and it was great.
              Cheers and bottoms up!

Comment

I've got millions, Yorktown, Tx. Already picked a 5gal bucket. Still have many blooming and plenty of green ones.... Need a little rain...

Comment

There are a couple mulberry bushes near my.home me and my boy been picking some here and there

Comment

Dang you guys are way ahead of us up here, my blackberries are just now starting to get leaves. I just got them last year, so I am not expecting many but man I can eat some berries, black and raspberry’s !

Comment

We’ve a bumper crop here, too! Our plan was to make some jam this year. So far, we’ve made dewberry margarita, dewberry sangria, and dewberry sherbet.

Not sure when we’ll get to the jam. We’re still busy pickin’!

Comment

We have picked two gallons so far. Made a pie and gave a lot to to my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our other pie

Comment

[ATTACH]1000960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1000961[/ATTACH]
                            Yea the place I'm picking is covered in poison ivy and tall standing golden rod. Luckily I'm not allergic to poison ivy but wearing garden gloves and long sleeves is a must. I got into a good size patch of big berries but most seem to be nickle size.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                              Do you mind posting your wine recipe/instructions?
                              Here is the wine recipe I'll be using.

Defalcos - Everything For The Home Wine Maker, Everything For The Home Brewer! We offer Beer Catalog, Beermaking Starter Kits, Basic Brew Recipe Kits, Canned Malt Extract, Bulk Malt Extract, Dry Malt Extract, Grain, Hops, Beer Yeast, Goodies for Belgian Ales, Beer Additives, Beer Adjuncts, Books, Software Wine Catalog, Wine Starter Kits, Selection Wine Kits, World Vineyards Wine Kits, Vintner's Reserve Wine Kits, Island Mist Fruit Wine Kits, Grape Concentrates, Canned Frit Purees and Wine Bases, Wine Making Additives, Wine Making Cleaning and Sanitizers, Oak Products, Wine Yeast, Straining Equipment and Wine Filters, Fermenters, Bottles, Bottling Equipment, Draft Equipment, Draft Kits, Caps & Capper, Wine Closures, Corks & Corker, Fermentation Locks and Stoppers, Spoons and Funnels, Measuring Instruments, Yeast Culturing, Brewing Equipment Kettles, Mills, Beer Cleaners and Sanitizers, Bottling and Kegging Equipment, Books, Labels, Mead, Liqueur, Soft Drink, Vinegar Catalog, Brewers Guild, Austin Homebrew Supply, Brew Monkey, home brew recipes and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                                Our other pie

That looks good! Is that coco powder or cinnamon dusted on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X