Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to docs to treat a wart on my finger, then this happened….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is incompetence and malpractice. Inexcusable. Have a lawyer write a letter and send pictures, along with documentation of the required surgery. The doctor's malpractice insurance company will just write the check without fighting it.

Comment

Hope they take care of you Leon.

Glad to see you are already adapting and overcoming the situation

Comment

Sorry to hear that’s happening to you. But I’m glad to see you are taking it in stride. I had a run in with a similar experience myself although not nearly as bad. Good luck to you sir!

Comment

Great attitude sir. Still hoping they don't have to take the tip but sounds like you will be fine based on you outlook. That really sucks though. Somebody needs to stick some jalapeno juice in that docs preparation H

Comment

yikes.

Comment

Just when I thought you couldn't get any uglier...

Sorry for your troubles, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                Dang, hope it gets better!

I have a wart on the tip of my right-hand pointer finger that came back a few months ago. I was telling the wife a few days ago, I should go in and get it freezed off.

Think I'm going to delay that for a bit.
                Put some duct tape on it, or just the adhesive part of a band aid. I had a few warts on my hands when I was a teenager and this did the trick for mine after they came back from freezing them.

Comment

Good to see that you're in the right place, giving glory to our Lord. Cause you're right, it can always be worse. I'm glad it's no worse for you than it is. I'll continue my prayers for you, brother.

And I'm just thankful I can get out of bed every morning.

You can always switch to a thumb release if you need to. I'll lone ya my best one. I switch between a thumb release and trigger release all the time. Makes me focus more on what I'm doing.

I had been using a thumb release one year when I broke my right thumb behind the first joint. I wasn't certain at first. But after swinging a 2.5 pound sledge in a metal shop all day for two weeks, I decided to tell my boss. He sent me to the doc. Doc just confirmed it and told me they don't immobilize breaks that far up the thumb unless they have to pin them. He then told me to "use the other hand to swing my sledge" . I still just powered through the rest of bow season.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-12-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I have a wart on my middle toe, think I’ll just keep that wart now.

Comment

How much of the finger are you going to loose? That looks bad!!

Comment

Leon is taking this like a champ. I am curious if the wart was on the end of his manhood, if he would still have the same outlook?

Comment

Update on my zombie finger:

Saw the hand surgeon yesterday. He said what I have is known as “dry gangrene”, which is actually a good thing in my situation. It denotes no infection.

He also said my body is in the process of “auto-amputation”. That’s also a good thing because as the dead tip shrinks up, new skin is regenerating below that dead part.

At this point, every millimeter of tissue that regenerates is less that they have to cut off. He’s seeing me in another week and we’ll go from there. Then, he’ll decide on just how much he’ll cut off.

On the bright side, I get to keep whatever they take. That finger’s been with me for 43 years. We had some good times together.

I’m thinking of making something cool out of it. Maybe a Christmas ornament or a pendant.

Taking suggestions. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leon, you have a really cool attitude and sense of humor. I hope that good new skin grows a ton over the next week. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing, God bless you.

Comment

Leon, been following on FB and hoped it came out better on your end from the first diagnosis on loosing the whole finger. Prayers for better results!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                                Leon, you have a really cool attitude and sense of humor. I hope that good new skin grows a ton over the next week. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing, God bless you.

Hey, least it’s not Covid. [emoji57]

At this point, laughing about it is all I can do.

Thank you, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X