No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week I moved 1 camera onto a trail I found in February that had “Main Event” on it daily. Wellllll… that closed the gap 200 yards!!!! And get him just after dark. Main an aggressive move today and moved all cameras out of core area even more to determine his route and circle of feed pen. It would blow most hunters minds the distance I have him circling a non hunted bait pen anyway. If you sit on bait for him in bow range and get wind “right” … your still busted. Lol

“KaBoom” is still a regular especially very early… 5:30am. This place is typically non huntable early season. They bed on it everywhere and you just bump too many

Comment

Bucks can hold to a pattern so tightly that most biologists ( if they’ll be honest) can’t even understand. I have a feeder on a pipeline that I feed all year long. 200 yds downhill of that feeder is a creek that always has an active trail that parallels the creek. 2 years ago I started hand Corning along the creek and set up a camera and there were numerous bucks traveling along the creek hitting the hand corn. But they would never come up the hill to the feeder until the rut started. And then they would stay around the feeder all season long. Same pattern this year. But that’s why they call it hunting.

Comment

55° outside Trinity this morning. I reckon the ruts gotta be on, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          55° outside Trinity this morning. I reckon the ruts gotta be on, right?
          I don't know but the largemouth were biting good this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post

My dad’s Rusk Co deer from last season back from taxi. In the Texas Big Game award official score ended gross 168 net 162 & 5/8. I’m not sure if y’all will remember but he didn’t have the best pics that did the deer justice. Nice to get confirmation from the official tape measure! Hope his brother and offspring are running around this season. Good luck to all and hope we are setup for another great year in east tx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfectly built deer! I love that look. My dad killed one just like him that I was after as well. Out of my stand too lolz

Comment

Within the last week and a half our bucks rubbed their velvet and bachelor groups broke up. Buck activity at feeders has really dropped and there are several bucks I haven’t seen since then. Is this pretty normal for East Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                Within the last week and a half our bucks rubbed their velvet and bachelor groups broke up. Buck activity at feeders has really dropped and there are several bucks I haven’t seen since then. Is this pretty normal for East Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Yep that pretty common in a lot of places.

Comment

Yes it’s normal and you’ll start seeing new bucks showing up in your area.

Comment

Seeing this as well.

Looks like the most mature buck I had showing up has not been there in a week.

Hoping he shows back up....in 17 days....in the daytime...

Seeing several new youngsters.

J

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post

My dad’s Rusk Co deer from last season back from taxi. In the Texas Big Game award official score ended gross 168 net 162 & 5/8. I’m not sure if y’all will remember but he didn’t have the best pics that did the deer justice. Nice to get confirmation from the official tape measure! Hope his brother and offspring are running around this season. Good luck to all and hope we are setup for another great year in east tx.

I remember that deer from last year because I loved his look. If I remember correctly ya'll were thinking he was only 140-150? I remember looking at the picture and thinking he was mid 160s all day and that I must be missing something. I think I might have even commented on it but that was over a year ago so i could just be thinking that. Anyways, congrats to your dad on that great deer again.

Comment

Had a camera malfunction on my most remote stand down in the creek bottoms and didn’t get any photos. However my corn pile disappeared and there’s a few trees with pretty big rubs on them within 50 yards of my feeder. No big sign. There’s a cell camera on it now, hoping something good pops up.

Comment

Man I hate it when that happens. Seems like it’s always the most anticipated card pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            Man I hate it when that happens. Seems like it’s always the most anticipated card pull.
                            Yep, every time

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

I was skeptical about the spot at first because there was zero sign. The whole area just felt “Bucky” to me so I saw it through. Glad I did. Now if my cell cam could get some signal I’ll be real happy!

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                                About to start getting set up on new lease on south end of Toledo Bend. Lots of work to do but can't wait for october
                                My grandpa lives on Toledo Bend, does your lease have any openings?

Comment

Working...
                                X