300 Wsm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 Wsm

Looking to fill a hole in my rifle lineup sometime hopefully in the near future.
    How many of you guys shoot a 300wsm? Just started looking around. Would love something light and all weather. Would be a mountain rifle predominantly.
    What’re you guys shooting ? Tikka t3x lite SS seems to be winning at the moment. Would most likely have to swing a trade, so budget isn’t huge. Less than 8-900 is where I would need to land.
    Thanks in advance!

- Justin

I just traded mine . Kicked like a mule.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a browning a-bolt stainless and I love the gun. The recoil isn't bad for hunting purposes. I wouldn't go shoot a target for fun with it though.

Comment

Yeah I hear ya. It’ll be a safe queen other than hunting big game which I haven’t done yet.

Comment

I have a Winchester model 70 in 300 WSM. If I pick up a Boomstick I go back and forth between that and my M70 270. I find the kick between the two to be very similar. My 300 WSM is threaded and I mostly shoot with a can but never shoot it with subsonics. For Whitetail and pig shooting I use 150 grain bullets (its overkill but I'm still working on a case I bought 10 years ago) when I go to Colorado I use 180 grain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently put a break on my Remington XCR. It’s a bad dude now! It was a uncomfortable to shoot before the break!

Comment

Thanks guys!
              Also looking at the Bergera line. Can’t find much on it nor find it for sale so I think it’s new for 2020 - but if you guys have not seen the wilderness hunter , you should check it out.

Also here’s a pretty cool article that I found about the man behind their barrels, and accuracy.

From an importer of Kentucky Rifle kits to bullet maker to one of the world’s premier barrel makers, BPI/Bergara’s road to success has been long and winding. Now the company, which makes suppressors, too, has set its sights on becoming one of America’s foremost rifle makers.

At this point I think Bergara may be the direction I go. Although that may leave me with 300WM, which I’m good with too.
              Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-15-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I've got one for sale if you are interested. Remington 700 composite in great shape. Have a 6.5 x 20 x 44 vortex brand new scope that you could put on it. Could get them together in your price range....Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

I have a brand new 300wsm, never been fired. If your interested let me know.

Comment

My dad and brother and another friend shoot them. Great caliber IMO. I wish I had bought the 300 wsm when I bought my 7mm WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SOS, JSAIRS - PMs sent

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        My dad and brother and another friend shoot them. Great caliber IMO. I wish I had bought the 300 wsm when I bought my 7mm WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yeah I’ve been looking a bit because we are thinking about an elk hunt for 2021. And while my preference would be archery, I sure would love to put some elk in the freezer! So it most likely will be a rifle hunt.

Comment

I have a pair of 300 WSM rifles and love them. I use 180 grain accubonds on elk with outstanding results.

Comment

300wsm in Weatherby Vanguard here. Kicked like a mule and the only rifle to ever scope me. Put a muzzle brake on and reduced the kick but now it’s super loud of course. Not real pleasant to shoot haha.

Comment

Wow , you guys really think they kick like a mule? I've had mine for years, Sako A7 Tecomate. Love my rifle, it takes all of my animals except one moose, used my 270 wsm for that.
                              I load 165-168 gr bonded bullets over 4350 powder.
                              Spouse also hunts with a 300wsm and loads 180 gr accubonds, his is a Winchester featherweight.

Just man up and shoot it, lol.
                              The caliber is great for all our animals, shoots relatively flat and knocks them down hard. My cow bison fell to one well placed shot through the shoulder joint, she went 10 yds maybe and piled up while the other guided hunters, I was DIY, were pouring bullets into their animals. I use it for antelope up to elk and bison and moose.

Comment

Working...
                              X