New Browning A5, who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Browning A5, who has one?

Looking for feedback on the new A5, I’ve shouldered one but haven’t shot one. Wife has OK’ed the buy, want actual reviews before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

I bought one and love it but I've been shooting a Browning light 12 since 1972.

Comment

I have an old one and love it. I bought a new gun a couple years ago and kind of regret not buy the new a5

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Id like one, i bought a cynergy a few yrs ago though instead. Its a light weight gun, easy to get on target, uses the same gas, extraction system as a benelli. Browning adopted it the yr beneli lost its patent. Its a great gun. Get 28in barrel. Cant go wrong w that gun. I have an original auto 5 also.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, they were what I was hoping for. Pervis, why the 28” barrel?

Comment

I have a new one, bought it a few years ago. A5 Hunter 12 ga with 28 inch barrel, points like the old humpback and has some recoil. My brother in law bought a Maxus Ultimate 12 ga with a 26" barrel and I like it better, it has a lot less recoil than the A5.

Comment

Have one. Just picked it up a week or so ago. Shoots good & recoil not bad to me. If it fits you , I think you would like it.

Comment

Thanks again for the replies, recoil isn’t a deal breaker plus it fits me really well, I’m thinking camo 3” with 28” barrel is the plan.

Comment

I bought one several years ago. Very pleased. Had the original SBE that served me well for many years. Got the itch and bought the new A5 and retired the SBE to my turkey gun. I have older Belgium A5's, just did want to tear em up duck hunting.

I really like that camo coating as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=bowmansdad;14702976]Thanks again for the replies, recoil isn’t a deal breaker plus it fits me really well, I’m thinking camo 3” with 28” barrel is the plan.[/QUOTE

Recoil is not bad but after a full weekend of dove hunting I shot my brother in law’s maxus and could tell a difference. The A5 is a great gun and handles well.

Comment

[quote=Radar;14703080]
                      Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                      Thanks again for the replies, recoil isn’t a deal breaker plus it fits me really well, I’m thinking camo 3” with 28” barrel is the plan.[/QUOTE

Recoil is not bad but after a full weekend of dove hunting I shot my brother in law’s maxus and could tell a difference. The A5 is a great gun and handles well.
                      Guy we went pheasant hunting with had a Maxus but it doesn’t fit me as well as the A5.

Comment

Working...
                      X