Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
    I have killed many deer with a .270.

I like your choice.. Roll with what brung ya

Comment

I would probably get a .308 before I bought another .270

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
        Sorry, but any animal that can be killed with a bow is not tough to kill.
        Now this is a statement, obviously an uninformed one but a statement

Comment

That is a good one too, 7mm-08 is a real nice cartridge as well. Either of these would have a very good selection of ammo at good prices.

I got a 7mm-08, that I could trade you for a new Mule

Comment

308 would be fine for criteria you listed above. Especially since you don’t reload. I’ve got a Ridge in 308 and it’s a great gun. Get a gun you like and that shoots well. The rest will take care of itself. Good luck amigo!

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
              Now this is a statement, obviously an uninformed one but a statement
              That was a very nice response.

Comment

Go with PRC it’s a little more thump if you step up to bigger game. There isn’t a North American animal I would feel under gunned going after with my 6.5saum

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Go with PRC it’s a little more thump if you step up to bigger game. There isn’t a North American animal I would feel under gunned going after with my 6.5saum
                  X2

Comment

A PRC is a 6.5CM loaded with RL26 and a mild tail wind. They are effectively identical for all practical purposes.

Comment

I do not handload. I am wanting a good rifle for mostly deer hunting, but can be used for just about anything else I decide to go after. I want a good balance of knock down power without blowing a shoulder off a deer or myself! I am not a target shooter, I want to be able to shoot a deer at 50 yards but also have the confidence in the round to do so at 400 yards.
                      Confidence comes with practice and lots of range time to confirm your and your equipment's abilities. I'd get something you enjoy practicing with, that being a rifle that fits you properly and a round that doesn't cause too much drama and make you flinch. Everybody's recoil tolerance is different, so only you can make that call.

I can tell you as a target shooter I would much rather shoot a 6.5 creed at the range but at the same time I'd rather have a 270 or 6.5prc for west texas mullies.

A 400 yard shot on paper at the range is fairly easy but it's a different ballgame in the field under less than ideal conditions.

Comment

I love this crap [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess some guys need more gun to make up for lack skill

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Ammo price and selection is much better for a 270.
                            I don't know if this is true anymore. Midway carries more ammo choices for 6.5CM than .270 Win. There doesn't seem to be much difference at the local Academy either.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I love this crap [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              Lol, all you gotta do is mention some old caliber and they heads explode. Works every time

Comment

Jacking someone's thread? Are you boys feelin dramatic for Valentines Day?

Comment

Working...
                                X