No announcement yet.

Bad days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I teach middle school so everyday outside of school is a great day.

Comment

Usually as soon as I see my boys and wife, all is right in the world again. It's funny, no matter how good or bad of a day I have, my wife and kids ask me how my day was. My answer is ALWAYS "busy". I know for a fact they are tired of hearing that answer, but they ask every day anyway. If they are not around, a good sesh at the gun range never hurts. If that is not an option, shooting the bow in the back yard or just tinkering around in the garage will take the edge off.

Comment

I try to stay pro-active instead of re-active. I try to focus on the good things that are going on and place the less than good things on the back burner as they happen, no matter how bad they are. If the good is what you are focusing on, then ideally you won't end up with a "bad day"

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Count my blessings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          This.

Comment

tannerite.

Comment

Talk to my wife about it. If the bad day has something to do with her then talk to one of my oldest friends. Lift weights. Shoot my bow. Thank God for all of the good days and for the strength to get through the bad ones. I'm blessed that even my bad days are better than some folks good days.

Comment

Staying active - usually involves some basketball or beating up a punching bag. Worst thing for me is just sitting and thinking.

Comment

Serenity prayer. And "this too will pass"

Comment

Mow down a tree about the size of my forearm with a 12 gauge...works 90% of the time every time

Comment

Count your blessings

Comment

head to the house and listen to the delightful sounds of my woman screaming at my heathen children...after this makes things worse, i typically have a drink and pass out praying for tomorrow to not be as bad
                        Last edited by DEREKG22; 02-14-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

A gummy, 2-3 beers, and a nice cigar.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                            Lol like your style...

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                              Them things should be against the law [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I go have lunch/coffee/beer with one of my "crew". Got a network of awesome christian guys that will listen, encourage, challenge, pray (or whatever else I truly need) whenever I need to get through a tough situation. I can be real and honest with them and not worry about them judging me. Relationship goes both ways and our friendships and trust have grown over the years.

After many years of trying the barstool route or fighting through situations myself, I seriously couldn't image doing it any other way now. This group has helped each other through divorce, financial failures, family deaths, etc. and all though the situations still sucked, I know these guys will be there for me.

If you don't have these types of people in your life, I would strongly recommend you search them out. I always go back to Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another". An analogy a lot of hunters should be able to relate to.

All right, I'll get off the pulpit and let everyone carry on.... Hope and pray your day gets better.

Comment

Working...
                                X