Clear All

Caught 3 limits and then some in about 2 hours yesterday at Possum Kingdom

Comment

I'm looking to give them a go in a creek nearby Monday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

River rats place on the river

Comment

For creeks and rivers Mepps gold/silver spinners, small chrome rattletraps, and tiny torpedo clear.

Comment

Brings back alot of memories Wade fishing spring Creek back 40 years ago. I meet an old black lady back then and I asked her y'all catching any she said yes. What kind of fish are you catching she said ,I don't know what you call um but I calls zum speed perch theys the fastest little devil's I ever seen.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              For creeks and rivers Mepps gold/silver spinners, small chrome rattletraps, and tiny torpedo clear.
              I have had good luck on a small chrome rattle trap as well. I have never tried a clear torpedo but I'll definitely give it a go soon.

I also had pretty good luck on these (couple different colors worked but this one did good for me):

Click image for larger version

Name:	0MQwyQlE-50476153.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24605023

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                I have had good luck on a small chrome rattle trap as well. I have never tried a clear torpedo but I'll definitely give it a go soon.

I also had pretty good luck on these (couple different colors worked but this one did good for me):

[ATTACH]988252[/ATTACH]
                Looks like a rooster tail. The clear torpedo will work when a lot of other lures fail

Comment

I'll be going up the Sabine in the next few weeks to see if they've started their run yet. I use road runners and live crawfish on circle hooks with good success.

Comment

Looks like a rooster tail. The clear torpedo will work when a lot of other lures fail
                    Yes sir. I happened on several of them (rooster tail) last winter on clearance and it worked out pretty good.

I don't own a single clear torpedo but I'm gonna fix that problem tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                      Yes sir. I happened on several of them (rooster tail) last winter on clearance and it worked out pretty good.

I don't own a single clear torpedo but I'm gonna fix that problem tomorrow.
                      Get the Jr/baby torpedo

Comment

Yall are kill-n me! I just got off vacation from the holidays. And didn't get my boat finished! I gotta get some good weather and time away from work so I can finish it up! Then hit the water!

Comment

In the creeks, crappie jigs work great. White, yellow or chartreuse. Plus, they are cheap and you’re bound to get hung up and lose a few. A lot of the times the light wire hook will bend a bit and free it up, just bend it back and start casting again.

One of my best days was on the Frio above Choke on an MLK day off from work. Trolling 1/2 oz. silver rattletraps. The magnum whites started biting right at sunset.

Hear they have been catching them down on the Frio lately.

Comment

Afraid its gonna be one of those years...move into rivers a bit and then get cold...move into rivers a bit and get cold or a flood, etc!?! pretty much like our deer season! A bunch of dudes walking the banks with empty stringers!!

Comment

Get the Jr/baby torpedo
                              General question because I'm still learning....

Do you think the torpedo would work as well up in my neck of the woods with our creeks having muddy water when they are flowing as opposed to your neck of the woods where the water might be more clear? (I'm assuming your in the hill country)

Edit.....either way I'm gonna but some. Give it a try.

Comment

I hope we get some rain. Rivers off of lake waco are about dry right now.

Gonna try to get after some soon hopefully. Still duck season for now though!

Comment

Working...
                                X