No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness this thread has been dead. I can’t say much, I haven’t been to the ranch in a month or two now. I’ll be going next weekend to clean up some things and top off feeders and check cameras.
    Thankfully my parents have been out at the ranch and have taken some pictures this week I can share. We have been missed on all the big rain this year, and are now only at 6” for the year. Thankfully the rain has been consistent even though it hasn’t been much.

My pictures keep showing up upside down. I’ll see if I can figure it out later

Comment

We were out at our lease last weekend. Like mentioned in the post above me the bigger rains have been avoiding our lease as well but we've got just enough rain to keep everything green and growing.

Saw a few bucks last weekend. Of course it's way early to tell how they are gonna finish out but a couple of bucks are just a little further along than the rest. Hope it stays green and we get plenty of rain to help them out.

All in all not a bad spring. We (my son and myself) managed to kill a few pigs and a couple of turkeys.

Comment

Been up at our place pretty well every week for the last 2 months. Country is beautiful. I believe this is the best we have seen it since we got it 3 years ago. Animals are fat & happy & does look like they will explode at anytime. I'm sure some have dropped already,but haven't seen a fawn yet. The deer have started hitting the protein & corn more lately.I did put medicated protein feed out this week. I hope we keep getting these rains every week or 2. Last year it was bad by now.

Comment

Our place in Mason is looking great. Very green and the ground is soaked. Hope it keeps on this trend till August and we will have a heck of a year.

Comment

We’re up close to 9” now for the year, about 10 miles west of Garven on 41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't seen our place this green in years. Everything that holds water is full. Hope this trend continues in the central Texas region....would make for a great year! Good luck y'all
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                Haven't seen our place this green in years. Everything that holds water is full. Hope this trend continues in the central Texas region....would make for a great year! Good luck y'all
                We were at the lease this weekend and had the same thing...thigh high grass and full tanks. It was nice to see but made shed hunting hard.

-john

Comment

Ran up there this weekend before it gets too hot. Saturday was nice and over cast, but Sunday was in the 90s. Green as it has been in a while, lots of wildflowers, saw some bucks in velvet, and a couple quail paired up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                    It’s actually my girlfriends land. They’ve been telling me to hunt it for years, but I already had too many irons in the fire at the time so I just hunted with her 2-3 times a year. With me getting off of that place in SS, I have put all my focus in Doss. Hoping for a stellar year!
                    Wait a dang minute...
                    You have a girlfriend with access to 2000 acres and she's still your girlfriend after YEARS? Come on man!

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                      Wait a dang minute...
                      You have a girlfriend with access to 2000 acres and she's still your girlfriend after YEARS? Come on man!
                      Well as of yesterday she’s my fiancé

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                        Well as of yesterday she’s my fiancé
                        Well now we're getting somewhere! Congrats!

Comment

I’m headed to the ranch Saturday afternoon. It’s been over two months since I’ve been out there which is a crazy long time for me. The plan is to top off feeders, check cameras, and cut some brush hopefully. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures to share when I get back.

Comment

Buck from last year out of Doss. Looking forward to another great year out west!

Comment

My buck last year in Gillespie county. Just got back from the taxi last week...

And here’s my wife’s, which was her first with a bow!

Counting down the days....

Comment

Congrats guys & gals on the nice bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X