Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kid lives down the street from me. Good guy if any of you need help this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
      how far south of shamrock are you clark? we have seen the most elk on our place this year that we have in years past. every year there is more an more.
      6 miles south, Elm Creek.
      Any thoughts as to where they have come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
        6 miles south, Elm Creek.

Any thoughts as to where they have come from?

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Clark, for sure there is a breeding population of elk. You know where I call coyotes out by you. Well, over east of there roughly 5 miles, there is a herd. I have seen some really nice bulls killed out of that one.

When I left the shop at lunch today I saw a white pickup, pulling a trailer with a green SxS on it. The was a pretty nice deer head/cape in the back of the SxS. They were on 83, headed south towards Childress. Had to be a bowhunter. Anybody on this thread gonna fess up to that being them?

Also, anyone coming through Wellington on 83 this weekend, be advised. Epic Nomad RV T.V. is having a thing here for the premier of their new movie. It runs Thursday-Monday. There are supposed to be around 400 RV's in town for it this weekend. They are already piling in, rodeo grounds is filling up fast. Probably going to be spill-over in Childress and Shamrock. Be prepared for eating places (and everything else) to be all jammed up.
          Last edited by Jethro; 10-18-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Bump for a little Saturday morning action. Anyone have anything going on? How's the weather?

Be safe, y'all.

Comment

Cool and calm. Finally made the first sit of the year yesterday. Lots of young deer on camera. 1 old doe with no fawns. Hoping she shows up this morning. Freezer is empty!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Big boar before light. Feeder time messed up but just busted a big old sow at 6:05 on this evenings sit. Lots of mud water but skeeters aint bad yet rspecially for a river bottom.

Comment

I’m going down to hunt tomorrow afternoon and Monday. Kids are out of school so culls, does and pigs are on the menu. We will have fun either way.

Comment

Good luck Keith. I will post pics of the sow tomorrow. Pretty good size girl snd the 125 Ramcat did a number on a quartering away shot. I could even follow the blood trail!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Good luck Keith. I will post pics of the sow tomorrow. Pretty good size girl snd the 125 Ramcat did a number on a quartering away shot. I could even follow the blood trail!!!
                      Congrats on the baby factory. Look forward to pics

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nada moving at my Ridge stand this morning. Dissapointing��.

Comment

My son and I are ready in the stand. Wind is perfect for this stand but not doing at all what weather dude said. I hope it holds. Feeder pen is torn up. Hope the big 7 cull shows tonight. We are ready.

Comment

Good luck Keith.

Comment

View from the blind
                              Attached Files

Comment

We are back. Time to change our luck. Last night was a beating. Wind changed to SW which puts m back where the really big boy has been. Lots of moon last night and tons of browse worry me a little. I’m in the blind with my son and that is better than lots of other options. Time for great things to happen. Cue the deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X