No announcement yet.

Texas Geographical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought Lubbock was the taint of texas. It taint the panhandle and it taint west texas![emoji3]
    Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
    Touché

Comment

I think jerp has it right. Those 26 counties are what the weather forecasters consider the Panhandle. They consider the other counties in question either Rolling Plains or South Plains.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Maybe this is too simplistic but I have always considered everything above the line to be the panhandle. Just below the line is the something else - the "high plains" maybe?....

[ATTACH]928381[/ATTACH]
        This^^^^^
        Then South of the line I consider the South Plains.
        To the East of the South Plains is the Big Empty.
        South and West of the South Plains is the Permian Basin.
        South and East of the South Plains is the Big Country

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          I always thought Lubbock was the taint of texas. It taint the panhandle and it taint west texas![emoji3]
          Lol. I can't be offended by that one cause that's pretty funny, another touché for you sir.

Comment

Maybe this is too simplistic but I have always considered everything above the line to be the panhandle. Just below the line is the something else - the "high plains" maybe?....

[ATTACH]928381[/ATTACH]
            This. Lubbock is in the Llano Estacado (sp?), the Staked Plains, High Plains. Separate from West Texas.

Comment

Most look at the 26 most northern counties as the Panhandle and below that the South Plains.

Comment

no one cares, but here are the official Rod rules, listed in order of importance:

1. The Hill Country is smaller than you think, and it doesn't touch Mexico.

1. Anything west of Mason is in danger of being called West Texas.

1. You should always fill up your tank and carry a spare so you don't have to stop in any city that could be considered West Texas or the Panhandle so you can get to Colorado as fast as possible.

Comment

[ATTACH]928381[/ATTACH]
                  This right here should be state law!

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                    The panhandle is just that, if you grabbed Texas like a pan the part you wrap your fingers around is the "pan handle".
                    Oklahoma has the "pan handle". Texas has 26 counties that are under it.

Comment

Working...
                    X