This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strait shooter View Post
    As a sooner fan, that game was hard to watch. Now that it is over and a new week has started, I realize that I owe the university of Texas a HUGE thanks. It has been my opinion for a several years now that Mike Needed to go. I knew that he wouldn’t because brother was in charge. I figured that he would be gone after the playoff loss last year, and was surprised when he wasn’t. It took this defensive beat down that Texas gave us to finally get it done.

I could be wrong but I find it hard to believe that we should have to score 60+ points every week just to win games. I am optimistic about the future.
    Quick question since your so thankful Stoops is gone. Did he miss all those arm tackles? Did he get pushed around on the DL? Did he commit all those pass interferences? The short answer is no. Scheme hasn’t been OU’s problem. They’re soft up front, get little push and coverage is awful. When you have an offense as potent as they have you tend to miss those things, or just refuse to see it. Some of the best defenses OU has ever had were led by Stoops. The problem is they do t have a physical culture about them. And now you’re going to have an interim DC whose DL has been awful this season taking over. Wasn’t McNeal the man who gave Riley his first shot as OC? Payback is coming. And shoot us straight straight shooter. We really want to know if you’re glad he’s gone. Lol

Comment

Did he miss the arm tackles? No, you arm tackle when you are out of position. Get them in position.

Did he get shoved around on the DL? No, teach them to get their *** down and play low. Also recruit better.

I’ll add more for you coach. Did they[ the players] decide to line up 15 yards off on 3rd and 1? No, Stoops did.

6th game in and they could get lined up until about 1 second before the snap. That’s on him. Dumb it down or have an automatic call.

It was time for a change. Just hate that it happened when it did. He had gone stale about 3 years ago.
      Last edited by oktx; 10-09-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Did he miss the arm tackles? No, you arm tackle when you are out of position. Get them in position.

Did he get shoved around on the DL? No, teach them to get their *** down and play low. Also recruit better.

I’ll add more for you coach. Did they[ the players] decide to line up 15 yards off on 3rd and 1? No, Stoops did.

6th game in and they could get lined up until about 1 second before the snap. That’s on him. Dumb it down or have an automatic call.

It was time for a change. Just hate that it happened when it did. He had gone stale about 3 years ago.
        The DL technique is on your DL coach, who by the way is your new DC. I saw Texas receivers get challenged on slant routes and lose because they weren’t physical enough and had poor technique. Again, that’s on position coach.
        Your scheme doesn’t matter when the technique and physicality is poor.
        Your problem is Lincoln Riley is Mike Leach 2.0, he doesn’t care about defense.

Not a coach either, but I do actually watch the games

I read tgere were several players that were crying at halftime wanting to quit. Anything to that?

So I’m guessing venables left because things got stale too? He seems to be doing well at Clemson putting a stout physical defense on the field! Culture
        Last edited by drbonner; 10-09-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Aggies offense needs to wake up get starkel in if need be to get the ball down the field !!!

Comment

Coming in hot......

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              Aggies offense needs to wake up get starkel in if need be to get the ball down the field !!!

More like score when we get in the red zone. We’re moving the ball. It’s a combination of untimely penalties, fumbles, missed field goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                The DL technique is on your DL coach, who by the way is your new DC. I saw Texas receivers get challenged on slant routes and lose because they weren’t physical enough and had poor technique. Again, that’s on position coach.
                Your scheme doesn’t matter when the technique and physicality is poor.
                Your problem is Lincoln Riley is Mike Leach 2.0, he doesn’t care about defense.

Not a coach either, but I do actually watch the games

I read tgere were several players that were crying at halftime wanting to quit. Anything to that?

So I’m guessing venables left because things got stale too? He seems to be doing well at Clemson putting a stout physical defense on the field! Culture
                The DC is responsible for how the defense plays. If the DL coach isn't getting it taught it's his responsibility to see that the DL coach is teaching it correctly. Same goes for the DB coach. He sees both units everyday.

Keep in mind McNeill is the interim. He's been in this very position before and the defense improved greatly with lesser talent. We will see.

Ps. Venables left because he wanted his own gig and not be co D.C.

Comment

Turmoil in Norman. Dumpster fire in the making.

Woooooooooooo.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Woooooooooooo.

Not even close. 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Woooooooooooo.

Slow your roll Bob. That dumpster was real close to burning in Austin this weekend. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Slow your roll Bob. That dumpster was real close to burning in Austin this weekend. [emoji23]

How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Nah. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            The DC is responsible for how the defense plays. If the DL coach isn't getting it taught it's his responsibility to see that the DL coach is teaching it correctly. Same goes for the DB coach. He sees both units everyday.

Keep in mind McNeill is the interim. He's been in this very position before and the defense improved greatly with lesser talent. We will see.

Ps. Venables left because he wanted his own gig and not be co D.C.
                            Was there anything to the rumor of stoops and players trying to quit at halftime?Sooner fans at work have mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                              Was there anything to the rumor of stoops and players trying to quit at halftime?Sooner fans at work have mentioned it.

Heard rumor via Twitter of defensive players in the breezeway crying and

yelling threatening to quit......but haven't seen much on it recently.

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 7

How so?

Had y’all slipped up and lost that game with that big 4th quarter lead it what have been a meltdown. Exhibit A - ATM v UCLA last season. Can you imagine the **** talking that would have gone on. This thread would have been locked down at 2:30pm last Saturday [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X