1st Leg LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    I’m not sure what kind of signal I have in that pop up. I hunted it a couple of times last year and signal was in and out, so here’s the scoop...

We had several pics of this deer last year. He’s not anything super exceptional, but he’s old, cagey and framey and that’s what trips my trigger. Besides that I hunted him a couple of times last year and he won so there’s a little vendetta built up. Anyways, normally I’d already be settled in waiting on him to show. The thing stopping me right now is the wind is DEAD WRONG. That doesn’t look like it’s going to change so i’m going to lean HEAVY on the Ozonics this evening. Radar shows a pretty good chance of a Thunderstorm this evening at 3:45 so at the first sign of a wind change or rain I’m putting a slicker suit on and sneaking in. I’m goong to leave all the windows closed on the blind and keep the Ozonics pumping. When it gets a little closer to 7pm I’ll crack 1 shooting window and get ready. It’s an absolute gamble and normally I would never under any circumstance try and cheat the wind but I think this storm and scent control is going to help me. Mr. David Barclay told me one time “The best time to kill a big buck is when he’s there.” Lots of truth to that. History from last year says I have another day or two at beat before he disappears anyways so I really don’t have anything to lose. I’ll update when I head in, not sure if I’ll be able to posy from the blind or not. Wish me luck.
    Make sure you point the camera at yourself when you get ready unzip that window! I want to hear what you say when that ol mule headed doe starts blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      Make sure you point the camera at yourself when you get ready unzip that window! I want to hear what you say when that ol mule headed doe starts blowing!
      That wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.

Comment

Good luck Steve!

Comment

Good luck! I’m hope to see him on the ground later!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s almost go time

Comment

Hoping mother nature cooperates and gives you a chance to slip in and sling one at Unicorn. Best of luck Joog

Comment

Starting to get some light rain. As soon as it really picks up I’ll head in.

Comment

I literally just watched it on screen and in real time break off and split right by me. Soooo... I’m standing here dressed and ready waiting on the next wave.

Comment

Good luck sir! You be careful with that ozone and an enclosed blind! It can mess you up pretty bad... ozone poisoning can make you real sick...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Good luck sir! You be careful with that ozone and an enclosed blind! It can mess you up pretty bad... ozone poisoning can make you real sick...
                      To quote Redd Foxx, “With what I got ozone poisoning better not **** with me. What I got will **** ozone up!” I’m sure I’ll be fine. The Coleman stove in a tent never killed me, I rode bicycles without a helmet, and even used to ride in the back of the truck as a kid.

Wind is getting nasty, rain getting heavier, lightning popping. I’m headed in boys!

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                          ...I rode bicycles without a helmet, and even used to ride in the back of the truck as a kid.
                          Good thing you didn't drink out of the garden hose or you'd have been done for! Give em hell!

Comment

I made it in. As expected wind wast gusting and swirling like crazy. The biggest of the downpour happened about 100yds from the blind. Currently I have 1 bar so maybe it’ll hang in there and I can being y’all along. It’d be even cooler if it works!

Comment

in for the win.

Comment

Give it hell Red!! Better make a head shot! That rain will make trackin' tough...

Comment

Working...
                                X