Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the Antelope, Johnny.
    You’ve got some great bucks this year.

Comment

Rut report from the panhandle this morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
        Rut report from the panhandle this morning.

You sure that’s not a kangaroo??

I get to...

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
          You sure that’s not a kangaroo??

I get to...
          It was in Glazier. May be. Lol

Comment

Looks like it has worms.

Comment

Had a new deer start showing up 2 nights ago. Hope he shows himself this evening. My neighbors will be crawling with rifle hunters come morning.

Comment

-2 more corn bandits

I get to...

Comment

Whats the movement like in Collingsworth county? heading up next week

Comment

Also headed up north to Donley next weeend. Whats the local weather outlook?

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post
                      Whats the movement like in Collingsworth county? heading up next week
                      Post 196 is a report from Collingsworth Co.
                      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                        Also headed up north to Donley next weeend. Whats the local weather outlook?
                        Good luck to everyone this morning!

Comment

Deer moving in Quanah all weekend. Sow a couple bucks tailing too! Should be good soon!

Comment

NADA ands I mean NADA moving on the Kent/Stonewall county line between Jayton and Rotan. Saw a cull 7 that was way to young to cull on Sat morning and a so-so 10 on Saturday afternoon. Not much moving on or around our place except pigs. Helped a couple next door track a buck that was shot with a rifle at over 100 yards facing them.? Blood all the way for 200 yards to the river and that is where we left them with rifle in hand crossing the river and on a property that is not theirs! Blood on the banks crossing the river was fresh and this buck never tried to bed. He is being pushed and if they find him it will be a miracle. No idea on horn size, but he was a big bodied deer? First deer for the wife so I hope they find it and learn some lessons.

Comment

Drove around south Hemphill County this evening just to look around and see some different country. The wheat fields that had deer in them only had does. And lots of them. This was shortly before sundown. No bucks seen. Does and fawns still running together. Our neighbors bind weed pasture has a couple of bucks showing in the evenings and I have pics of 4 different 3.5 year-olds that are all still quite nocturnal. I've bow hunted a couple of times now and nothing has come close. Historically, on our place the hunting is pretty slow until Thanksgiving and the following 2 weeks. Of course, by then, most of the bucks of any size are at least partially broken up. I suppose the one upside of my observations, besides the fact that we actually have deer on the place, is that based on game cam photos, our buck to doe ratio is around 1:1 if not higher in favor of the bucks. As someone who spent his formative years hunting on leases around Mason, I can't tell you much I appreciate this ratio.

Comment

Back in the blind again. Already had a 125 8 cruise by and 2 pigs circle the blind. 79 degrees with very little wind. I’m sweating a ton. Hope this works.

Comment

Working...
                                X