No announcement yet.

Low Carb/Atkins/Keto Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What saved me is the low carb tortillas. Flour tortillas with only 4grms of carbs. Love me some tacos. Those help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
      Brussel sprouts has become one of our favorites. Chop up a bunch of thick sliced bacon, cook until crisp then remove from pan, toss in halved Brussel sprouts and cook in bacon grease until they get charred up a bit. Add some beef broth or soy sauce and red pepper flakes, toss bacon back in. Cook a few more minutes and serve. We eat it at least once a week with some grilled chicken or pork chop or steak ... You can also add some sliced onions for a variant.

Mashed cauliflower is another one. Steam cauliflower florets in microwave. Add to food processer. Add a splash of cream, big spoon of sour cream, a tablespoon of butter, a good handful of sharp cheddar, fresh cracked pepper, and salt to taste. Puree in food processor until smooth. Excellent side for choice of grilled meat or roto chicken.
      Made the Brussels sprouts tonight. My family loved them. My 3.5 year old wanted those more than steak!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
        I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and am down close to 10 lbs but I am running out of variety. Let me know what yall are eating on this kind of diet.

I bought a microwave steamer for veggies and fish. I also got a microwave omelet maker. The steamer works great for lunch at work and the omelet maker makes minimally sufficient omelets for breakfast.

Here are a couple of my favorites.

-Ground beef tacos with avocado and shredded cheese wrapped in a romaine leaf.

-Breakfast for dinner (eggs, sausage or bacon, etc.)

-Rotisserie chicken from HEB shredded and topped with spicy ranch and wrapped in a romaine leaf.

-Steamed veggies and smoked sausage link.

Tell me about this microwave omlet maker? I have restarted my keto diet this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
          They have some really good tortillas made from spinach that stays under your carb count to roll stuff up in,
          What is the brand and where can they be found??

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
          What saved me is the low carb tortillas. Flour tortillas with only 4grms of carbs. Love me some tacos. Those help a lot.
          What is the brand and where can they be found??

Comment

Chicken thighs
            Chicken wings
            Smoke a brisket or pork butt and just add veggie of choice
            I do a lot of cheese also
            Make sure you get lots of fiber from salads and greens or you'll regret it

Oh, and Cole slaw homemade works

Comment

Chicken and sausage fajitas with all kinds of veggies is one of my favorites...

Burger salads... Remove/discard burger buns of a "bacon King"; toss on a salad along with a sliced avocado....
              Last edited by Pedernal; 04-07-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Mission tortillas is the brand. HEB has them, sometimes Walmart. They have some bigger ones theat are like 6-8 gms of carbs, and the small ones are 4grms.

Comment

Ive been on keto for 3 wks now. Down 9lbs. I eat a lot of peppers for snacks. Eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast. We typically do a steak, chicken breast or pork chop witha veggie for supper. I usually take leftovers for lunch.

Someone earlier said, after time they dont eat as much. Same here and Im not hingry either

Comment

I don't know if my diet/ habit change/ routine has a name, but it's worked for me. I meal prep alot and eat smaller portions. I try to stay away from crust, gravy and any othe white foods. Sugar, bread, noodles, rice. I make mini 1 egg omelettes in a muffin pan. Cooks several pork chops, chicken legs, hamburger patties, chicken tenders on sunday nite. I buy a bunch of the small cans of veggies to go with my meals. For snax I like mixed nuts, 0 calorie jello, cheese stix, boiled eggs and I make my own lunchables. 1 thick slice of whatever lunch meat and cheese you like, and cut into fours, put em in zip lock bags. Everything is cooked, grab n go. I drink lots of water. Ain't hungry, feel really good. I've lost almost 40 pounds since Nov 1, 2018. I've lost 22% body fat, went from wearing size 42 jeans down to 38s (and they are gettin baggy) and the best part is, my last dr visit, my dr did not renew any of my prescriptions. I was border line diabetic, borderline high blood pressure. I don't work out. The only exercise I get is at work, but I walk everywhere. If I want a cheeseburger, I get a cheeseburger. I order a kids meal and get apple slices instead of fries. If I want fried chicken, I order a kids meal. My cheat meals are usually for lunch. That way I have the rest of the day to walk it off, instead of going to ci cis pizza and floppin down on the couch afterwards.

It's working for me.

Comment

maybe we need to put a book together of keto diet foods.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        Tell me about this microwave omlet maker? I have restarted my keto diet this weekend.
                        Sorry I just saw this. It’s just a rubbery flat bowl that you scramble a few eggs in and nuke. It’s usually edible. But don’t overcook or the eggs will turn grey and hard. I bough it on amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                          It's working for me.
                          This is what matters most. Establish a routine that works and results the doc likes.

I tell everyone I'm following a keto principled diet - certainly not strict keto. My thought is it took many years to pile the weight on so I'm in no big hurry to get it back off. It's more of a sustainable lifestyle change for me than a diet.

Comment

Keto nachos. Instead of chips use pork rinds. They come with choice of brisket crumbles or pulled pork pieces with sour cream and some grated cheese.

Comment

More meals that keep me going low carb without getting sick of it:

Chipolte salad

Burger (no bun) with cheese and herb aioli plus steamed broccoli at Outback for lunch

Lunch pork rib and link sausage plate at Pappas BBQ with shredded cheese and side salad with Italian

My family likes the whole roasted chickens you can buy hot at the store. I have started buying Pesto sauce (in the cold section with the fresh pasta) and making Pesto Shredded chicken.

Baked eggplant. Slice eggplant and lay them on a cookie sheet in one layer. Brush with olive oil an top with crushed garlic and Sambal (Asian hot sauce) to taste. Bake at 400 until very soft.

Comment

I am not on a keto diet, but I eat very clean and low carb. My carbs come mostly from oats, brown rice, sweet potatoe, and fruit. I just stay away from sweets, carbs, and processed foods, so nothing from a box or a bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X