Brisket: A Detailed "How To"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flagging this post for sure !!!!

Anyone try this on an Electric Smoker? I know I know.... Electric smoker not the same as a true pit, but it is what I want to try it on...

Anyone using an electric smoker and will give any details on it?

Comment

Had one of my prettiest brisket cooks a couple weekends ago! This one was flat only, fat side down, 300 degrees, wrapped at IT of 165, and pulled when it was tender. Took right at 4 hours and finished right at 211 IT
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Had one of my prettiest brisket cooks a couple weekends ago! This one was flat only, fat side down, 300 degrees, wrapped at IT of 165, and pulled when it was tender. Took right at 4 hours and finished right at 211 IT
        Ok TC you taking any students?

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          Man I'd frame that ****!

Comment

I like reading this thread every now and then. Picked up a prime brisket at Costco for $2.69 lb. and a prime fillet for $114. Gonna be a good Christmas dinner this year.

Comment

I have one going like this method again... but it's 8 below zero and my smoker seems to be doing fine.

I love smoking briskets!

Biggs

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Good thread. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent tutorial - thanks!

Comment

Knocked the rust off with an 11 pound prime and a few racks of ribs today. Turned out great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

Very comprehensive instructions on cooking brisket w/ a little science thrown in for good measure. I've always wrapped my brisket as described bc it seemed like the thing to do...now i know why. Thank you!

Comment

Great write up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                              any tips on getting a good smoke ring when using a uds. I know they say it doesn't matter in competitions but I think lots of people eat with their eyes also. I've heard putting some tender quick on it for 10 or 15 minutes and washing off will do it but have been too scared to try. I cook a good tender and juicy brisket, just can't seem to get the smoke ring on it.
                              Interesting. I am having the same problem. Have cooked 2 briskets now on my UDS and they turned out great, just no smoke ring. Had smoke pouring out of vent the whole time, no sure what to think. It's just more appealing to have a smoke ring.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                                Interesting. I am having the same problem. Have cooked 2 briskets now on my UDS and they turned out great, just no smoke ring. Had smoke pouring out of vent the whole time, no sure what to think. It's just more appealing to have a smoke ring.

Here's a great explanation of the smoke ring from amazingRibs.com: "The smoke ring is not caused by the billowy white stuff, it is caused by gases in the smoke. It is not enhanced by paprika. Nitrites have nothing to do with it. There is no time limit on smoke absorption. The ring stops growing when the meat hits about 170°F and myoglobin loses its oxygen retaining ability, not 140°F. Salt has little to do with it."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X