Corn all year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkie View Post
    sharpstick35;13771445]that holds true in a corn heavy diet such as hand corning. times corn feeders do not throw out enough corn to cause a change in the microbes.
    while I do feed corn all year its more of a treat for them as apposed to a staple of their diet.

Do you get your Cottonseed in Rocksprings? If so where? I come from Kerrville down 41, so if you dont get it in town where do you grab it from?
    country boys doesn't carry it, yet. I've been asking about it.
    I get it in Uvalde or san angelo
    if I had better storage I'd buy it in bulk.
    I'm not aware of anything between Kerrville and rocksprings but that would be great if someone did.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
      Do any of you guys just feed plain ol corn all year? No protein or other attractants, just plain corn. I know it has no benefits for deer but just to keep them around.
      If you are gonna corn, corn all year.

Comment

Corn yr round protein mid jan-mid August in feed pens. I firmly believe deer go where the groceries are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

well I have been doing it for years until now; I've got about 3" of corn below the feeder going rotten; I filled the feeder and adjusted the spinner to throw out further, just trying to get it a little further from the existing rotting corn. don't know if it will work or if is part of the problem just yet.
          there is a lot of acorns on the ground, and everyone I have talked to seems to have the same problem.. good luck; if you figure it out let me know!!

Comment

I feed corn year round..... I kill lots of pigs in the off season....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
              We typically feed corn until the season starts, then we switch to a simple mixture of water and maple syrup. We take that and hand spray all the small shrubs in the area and it lets the deer make useable food out of normally inedible substances. Hell sometimes we just spray with water and that does the trick. You have to be careful though cause the syrup attracts the snakes something awful.
              Wait what???!!!???
              I've heard some tall tales but this beats all. I knew I should have brought my waders to work today.

Comment

Working...
              X