No announcement yet.

Best All Around Deer Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My go to rifle is a standard Remington 700 ADL .243. with a 100 grain bullet. I can drive dimes with her. If I want a little more energy and powder I use a 270, 130 grain. I am sure he will appreciate any caliber and take great care of it. Good luck to both you guys.

Comment

270. Usually very affordable in Remington 700 Or Ruger American. Ammo is very easy to find and relatively flat shooting.

Comment

Weatherby Vanguard Wilderness or the Vanguard Sporter chambered in .257 wby mag. Scope of your choice, 110gr Nosler Accubonds (although I have been considering trying the Hornady Precision Hunter 110gr eld-x bullet)

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          270. Usually very affordable in Remington 700 Or Ruger American. Ammo is very easy to find and relatively flat shooting.
          This gets my vote.

Comment

I love my kimber 270 WSM I call it Mjolnir (thor's hammer means ,it which smashes )
            everything I've shot which dies like it was struck by lighting LOL

Comment

.270 in whatever flavor you like

Comment

Original Remington Sendero in .270. Close the thread

Comment

I was never on the bandwagon with the 6.5 creedmoor until is shot one. The recoil is like a 243, the bullet weight is comparable to a 270, but man are they accurate. I bought a pair of Browning x-bolt hunters for the wife and I last year and topped them with Leupold scopes. They are my favorite rifles I've owned.

Comment

Custom 7mm-08 with Blueprinted Rem 700 action
                    SS Fluted barrel #4 contour Threaded for muzzle brake or suppressor
                    Jewell Trigger

Comment

10-22 Ruger

Comment

I personally love my Savage Axis 25-06. Great shooting gun and mine is extremely accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Original Remington Sendero in .270. Close the thread
                          This was what I referring to. I actually shoot a 257 Wby Mag. But ammo is expensive if you don't reload and not exactly easy to find. But my wife's older model Sendero in 270 win is a deer, Nilgai, hog, and coyote killing machine. I don't care if you have never fired a rifle in your life. If you shoot this gun, I will have you shooting .25" groups or less in under 10 shots. Never had any work done to this rifle and it shoots everything super tight. We love it.
                          Last edited by Muddy Bud; 11-06-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

It's hard to answer your question without a budget, but for sub-$400 I would go with a Ruger American or a Remington 700 ADL. As far as caliber, I'm a fan of .270's and .30-06's. If your son is young and smaller statured, I would go with a 7mm-08 or 6.5 Creedmoor.

Comment

Any reputable maker in 6.5 Creedmor. You can't take deer, hogs, exotics and even step up to Elk with a good quality bullet.

Comment

For a kid I would say Remington 700 in .243 or 7mm-08

Comment

Working...
                                X